1978

"JAMESSSSSSSSSSS!"

"SIRIUSSSSSSSSSS!"

The two boys ran from opposite sides of the hallway towards each other, arms wide open and huge grins on their faces. Sirius jumped into James' arms, making his glasses fly into the air while he fell back with his best friend still clinging onto him as they hit the floor.

Children. Mentally they're absolute children, you shook your head as Remus and you calmly walked towards the reuniting group of students coming back from winter break. 

"Idiot one and idiot two are finally reunited." Lily slightly shook her head before pulling you into a hug. "It's so great to see you again, (y/n)! You'll have to tell me all about the new year ball I've heard rumors about after dinner tonight!"

"I'll tell you anything you want to know, Lily. Oh, I'm so glad that you're all back," you smiled, hugging Peter next. "It was a great break, but dealing with Sirius' separation anxiety with James became a bit of a challenge."

At the mention of his name, Sirius skidded towards you, pulling James along with him as the latter grabbed his broken glasses off the floor. "LILYYYYYYYYYYYY!" Sirius exclaimed with the same enthusiasm as he pulled her into a tight hug. 

"Oculus Reparo," you incantated with your wand pointed at James' eyeglasses, which repaired in an instant. "You really have to learn that spell, you know?"

"Why would I do that when I have you to cast it for me?" he hummed as he pushed his glasses up his nose. "Ah, now I can see clearly! Dearest (y/n), how are you on this lovely evening?!"

"...That was so out of character, even for you, James." You held in a laugh, pulling him into a hug. "Can't blame you though, I'm so missable that you don't even know how to react now that you're seeing me again."

"Oh and I'm the one who's out of character?" James scoffed, patting your back a few times. "Says the one who's acting a bit too much like Padfoot."

"PETERRRRRRRR!" Sirius was on a roll with giving everyone hugs as he slightly crouched down to be at the other's height before throwing his arms around him. 

"Sirius, I missed you too, but I can't breathe!" Peter gasped, shaking his arm in the air a few times before Sirius finally let him go.

"REMUSSSSSSSSS!"

"I spent the break here with you, idiot!" Remus grumbled, trying to free himself from Sirius' grasp with no success. 

"I suppose you've also spent a lot of time with (y/n), Moony. You're becoming very salty," James commented.

"At least our words have flavor," you shrugged as the tall boy nodded in agreement, finally getting rid of your boyfriend. 

Sirius, somehow being touch-starved, decided you would be his next victim, and clung to your arm invasively, leaning his chin on your shoulder. "Look at us: not only are we bad omens together but we can also be compared to food. You're salty and I'm spicy."

"Why are you spicy?"

"Obviously cause I'm hot," he smirked as you rolled your eyes. 

"Of course. Why did you even ask, (y/n)?" Lily shook her head and crossed her arms. 

"...I missed this," Peter spoke out. "I'm glad we're all back at Hogwarts together. With all the terrible things you read on the Daily Prophet about the war, it feels reassuring to be with you all again."

James threw an arm over the smaller boy's shoulder, pulling him into a friendly side hug which made their cheeks squish together. "You're such a softie, Wormtail! Don't concern yourself with all that right now. Let's enjoy the fact we're all safe and reunited for the time being, Okay? So, what good things happened in our absence?"