Green

“It’s him!”

“Isn’t that Oak’s grandson?”

“Do you think he’ll help train us?? He must know some tips!”

“He’ll be a great Commander, just like Oak, I know it!”

I groaned, still not used to these annoying comments from the other trainees. All they seem to care about is who I’m related to, not who I actually am. Every time someone starts a conversation with me or tries to sit with me at dinner only wants to talk about how to improve their skills and what it’s like being related to a famous Commander. After a while, I ignored all of them and tried to focus on my own training, and not anyone else’s.

“You’re Green, aren’t you? Green Oak?” Another kid said, approaching me at dinner one day. He never bothered me before, which I appreciated, until now.

“You just now found this out?” I sighed, putting my cup down. The kid had somewhat spiky black hair and red eyes, which despite the normally intimidating eyes, were actually soft and had some kind of kindness in them. He put his tray down and sat across from me, smirking slightly.

“I just didn’t have time to talk to you, with your fangirls crowding around you and all.” He said. “I’m Red.”

“Hm,” was all I said, going back to my meal.

“So I heard you trained with your grandfather before coming here.” I groaned when Red said this. He was just like everyone else, wanting tips or help.

“I’m not going to help you with your training.” I replied quickly.

“No, no! That’s not what I wanted!” The black haired boy said, putting his hands up in front of himself. “I just wanted to know my competition, you know, for being the best in the class.”

“Hm? Competition?” I said, letting out a laugh. “You think you can best me?”

“You know it! I’m gonna become the strongest soldier!” He declared.

“You’re the best person here, you know, saying that to me.” I said, smirking. “You would make a great second best.”

Red’s expression changed, and suddenly those kind eyes looked more irritated. “Why you…! I’m gonna beat you, just watch!”

“Whatever you say, Red.” I had to hold myself back from laughing again. This kid was great.

So great that he managed to surpass me in the Top 10. I ended up second best, right under Red.

Additional Info:
District: Trost (Wall Rose)
Birthday: November 22nd
Zodiac: Sagittarius
Blood type: AB