7-

Faisal entered the apartment tiredly placing his boots on the rack near the door . His nose was already red with the harsh winter winds blowing outside . The apartment in which he was residing was a two bedroom apartment which he had rented along with his friend Talha Mirza who had been his friend of fifteen years ,the two were school buddies and then continued their friendship .

" Faisal apna phone bhool gae the Tum ! Bhabhi ne call ke the " Talha emrged from the open kitchen a cup of coffee in his hands .

"Nahein charge nahein tha,so I left it on charge I will call her later " he said removing his coat and gloves

"Theek hae ,jao kuch bana do yar " Talha asked him innocently

"Qasam sae yar kuch zyada he mansoom ban jaate ho mere samne " Faisal shook his head at his friend who couldn't cook anything besides making his favourite coffee. Where Faisal would die for a cup of chaii Talha on the other hand was opposite to him .

Faisal wasn't a pro at cooking but he had learnt to make a few dishes besides noodles when he would go out of station for work purpose Tehmina begum had forced him to learn cooking.

Once the spaghetti's were on boil he took out his phone from charging  he saw three missed calls from his wife . He had saved her number with her name inspite of her bugging him to put a few hearts he had laughed at her telling her it's cliche.

Putting on ear pods he started cutting down the tomatoes .

"Assalam walaikum " Maheen answered from the other end a bit more cheerfully .

"Walaikum Salam ,kaese ho sorry I was out for a walk my phone was at the apartment " he said putting oil into the pan .

"It's okay , how's everything there " Maheen closed the curtains  as the darkness filled the sky .

"Good , it's a bit hectic but inshallah it will get over " he threw the veggies into pan as they sizzled in the hot oil .

"Aap Khana paka rahe haen? " Maheen asked him as she opened a chocolate .

"G haan , badi yaad aarahe hae tumhare  aur Ammi ke yar "

"Badei aala qisam k besharam haen sirf khaane k waqt hum yaad aate haen " she narrowed her eyes as if he was sitting infornt of her

"Abh aise bhi nahein hae , yahan koe chaii banane wala bhi nahein hae khud bar bar uthna padta hae " he chuckled hearing her gasp

"Aap sahi ho jaen acha ,bohut bure  haen aap "

"Okay okay just kidding " the spaghetti sauce was now completely ready , taking out two plates he put spaghettis in it and poured the minced meat red sauce over it .

"Achaa sunein ,London ka mosam yahan sae kaafi thanda hae khyal rakha karein apna acha "

"Okay Meri Maa aur kuch "

"Nahein jaen Khana khaa lein " bidding their bye he took the plates and placed them on the table Talha was the first one to pickup the plate .

"Yarrr kya taste hae tumhare hasth mein ,wah " Talha praised him giving him a hug

"Bus door ho jao Alhamdulilah mere biwi hae " Faisal pushed him aside and changed the channel into a sports channel .

*
*
*

Maheen was sitting with Dadi Jan  as usual talking about all the stuff she can while Dadi Jan was busy supplicating wazaif .

"Dadi ek baat boloon "

"Ladki ek ghante sae tou bina pooche bole ja rahe hae " Maheen scrunched her nose at her comment

"Acha sunein na , app ko nahe lagta Saira ka yeh trip kaafi lamba hogaya "

"Han bhai lekin tumhare Saas k Behan ke beti abh kuch keh bhi nahein sakte mohtarma ko " Maheen sighed at her response

"Do u Know she went into my room yesterday and was wearing Faisal's hoodie ! Like the hell woman ,MY room ,MY husband's hoodie how dare she - "

"Arrey kambakht mare Tum ne Sahil ko q nahein bataya  "Dadi Jan placed the tasbeeh on her nightstand and had her complete attention towards Maheen .

"No , I gave her a piece of mind in a calm way I didn't want to create any drama " Maheen winked at Dadi Jan .

Dadi Jan nodded her head and blowed some verses on her .

Maheen returned to her portion but was called back by her mother in law .

"Can u go with Saira for shopping she needs some stuff and I have to go urgently to a funeral " she was wrapping her shawl hurriedly as Sahil Achakazai called her name from the front door .

Maheen didn't even had a moment to make an excuse as her mother in law went outside .

Soon the duo was sitting in the back seat. Saira was busy typing on her phone whereas Maheen sent a text to her friend and glanced at the busy roads .

"So where do you want to go ? " Maheen asked her

"I want to buy some new clothes as I have to go on a doctor's camp up North ,some warm stuff " She said running her well manicured nails in her silky brown hair .

"Ok let's go then " Maheen nodded her head at her as they reached the Mall.

The mall was filled with families as it was time for vacations most of them enjoying their time here . Maheen had always wanted to be come to a mall with a loved even if it's just a window shopping and indeed she did come with Faisal for shopping twice and once with Irsa indeed she enjoyed those times but this time she wasn't sure as she couldn't bear Saira throwing tanturms, mumbling and showing attitude to the salesmen .

"Which one you think would look good black or purple " Saira held two cardigans infornt of her ,Maheen pointed towards the black one

"Hmmmm , but the stuff is not as comfy as a hoodie" Saira smiled slyly at her and gave the cardigan to the salesmen. Maheen felt like a lava which was about to erupt in her .

Roaming around another four shops and the drama queen wasn't done with her shopping .

"Maheen kaese ho " A man probably around his late fourties called out her name and thanks to the silence in the shop both of the girls heard him clearly making Maheen shocked at her place and Saira glance at him questioningly .

Maheen gulped her eyes went to Saira and then back to the man .

"Good , w-we gotta go " She held Saira's hand dragging her but ofcourse Saira guessed her persona how uneasy she was around that man and she wouldn't let the opportunity go down the drain .

"Arrey Maheen won't you introduce me to your friend though he seems quite older than you " Saira passed a sweet smile to the man .

"No let's go " Maheen gritted her teeth opening and closing her fists .

"Well let me introduce myself I am her ex-fiance " the man stepped ahead and held his hand infront of Saira. with a smirk on his face .