.𝟙.

Part One : Meeting Him

-

I was thinking heavily on the fact that my mommy didn't call me after I left school. For my past 16 years of schooling she would have found a way to contact me after school to make sure that I was ok. Instead it made me worry if she was ok which only led me to tuning out my friend that was talking about my ex-crush from the first grade that made a move on her today.

Soon, we stopped at the lane that I lived in. I waved off my friend and quickly went to the zinc gate that had my house behind it. I pulled off the safety chain and entered to see that my mommy and my aunt were sitting outside washing clothes while talking to a gentleman.

"Mommy why didn't you call me after school?" I stepped past and stood beside her with a worried look on my face. I would have had a heart attack in the next 5 minutes if I hadn't made it home. She looked up at me with a daring stare and I realized then what I didn't do. I looked towards the gentleman and said 'Good Afternoon' shyly. He was....handsome. Very handsome for that fact.

"Jess, get inside. The adults are talking."

I looked at the man once more before heading inside to clean myself and start my homework. I sat in the worn out couch that was next to the broken windows of the house that was passed down from my great-grand parents. I was really trying to listen in on what my mommy and aunt were discussing with the white man. Yes he is white.

None of his kind has ever been seen here. Not even to drive by to get to the other side of the parish. So why was he here...talking to my mommy and aunt?

The more they talked the lower their voices became. The only thing I heard was.....'Jess will be 18 after her week of graduation.' I planned on moving since I wasn't getting the information I was looking for but my cousin; Christina, came and stood beside me.

"Pay attention to your homework and stop being nuff," said my cousin. She was the opposite of me yet we were exactly the same. I rolled my eyes at her and decided to move to the kitchen to do my homework around the old wooden table.

Whatever they were talking about mustn't have been important.

~

"Jess!"

I shook out of my daydream and looked at the my crazy friend named Kamela."Whaaaat?" I asked her being a tad bit annoyed. "We graduated a week ago and you are now 18, what are you planning on doing for the summer?" Nothing. I was planning on doing nothing. I wasn't really that type to do hardcore celebrations.

"I don't know Kamela. I'll talk to you later." I moved away from her and began to find my way home. All I could think about was what my mommy and my aunt said, 'Jess will be 18 after her week of graduation.' What was that suppose to mean. Yes, I'm now 18 but why does that matter?

I just hope that it was jus- He was here again. I opened that gate and I saw the white man again talking to my mother and aunt with a suitcase alongside them. What was he doing here again?

Mommy moved from the suitcase and pulled me closer to the man. "Jess, I should've told you weeks ago...but you will be living with this man in Germany. You will be leaving today." I shifted out of her arms and looked at her and my aunt. The people I love the most are trafficking me. MY OWN MOMMY IS TRAFICING ME. OMG I'm going to be traded to different men an-

"Mommy do you hear yourself? You're sending me away with a MAN!!!!" "Jess, shut up. Do you think I would do that to my own daughter? You'll know more about what he does when you leave here and start living happily. I need you to have a better living. Jamaica isn't the place for you to expand and enjoy life." Ok when she put her words like that, it sounded better. She just wanted me to live better.....with an unknown white man.

She rolled the suitcase and bags to the man and he took them both without saying a word then my mother, aunt and cousin came and hugged me real tight while weeping. "Jess please be respectful and listen to what the man says. He is your way to success in Germany." I nodded at my mommy and gave her one last hug before getting in the van. The last thing I heard from my mommy was, "He has my number, you can call me every day if you have to. I love you Jess."

I love you too mommy.

~

We finally got to the airport and we haven't exchanged not one word to each other. Maybe it was the fact that I was afraid of him since his facial features looked sharp which gave him a stern look or maybe it was that fact that I didn't know the man but was sent to live with him IN A WHOLE DIFFERENT COUNTRY ON A DIFFERENT CONTINENT.

"Stay here," his low voice said to me before he walked off to a line. I looked around the glass building and observed every detail. I have never been here, I've heard of it but I've never been. It wasn't as beautiful as what some people at school praised it to be. It was literally what I said it was. A glass building.

The man came back and gave me the ticket then sat down a seat away from me. Ok then.

I thought that if I was going to live with this man until I can get on my feet then I should at least get to know him a little. "Excuse me." I tapped him on his bulging tricep. "Can I know your name?" He turned towards me and simply said his name.

"Toni Mahfud, I'm 25 and I own many companies." He turned away from me and went to look at his phone. He didn't even let me ask him the questions I wanted to ask but that's ok. "Well I'm J-" "Jess Williams, 18, just graduated last week. I know, your mother told me all that I needed to know."

Well dang. He's the cold type.

-

Nuff- being interested in someone else's business.

.

.

.

.

New Book. I hope you like it. <3