7: Runaway Princess

CHAPTER SEVEN!!!! I'm honestly proud of myself. I havent posted one after the other like this since the beginning.

Anyways, COMMENT, VOTE, FAN! 

Hope you like this chapter <3

P.S. Please tell me about any mistakes if you find them. Even small grammar ones. (:

---

“I want to learn how to fight!”

The abrupt words had them all slightly surprised.

It’s been a few days since the last incident with Collin and Lance’s ‘mentors’. But I hadn’t forgotten how hopeless I was when I was a mere ragdoll in those thugs’ arms. I felt a bit childish for asking in such a way but I wasn’t experienced in asking for things. Or rather, I never had to ask.

“I believe it’s a good idea.” Ella nodded at me. The boys eyed me for a moment but also nodded in agreement. “We wouldn’t have time to save you through every rendezvous anyways.” Collin added with a grin.

I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms and gave Ella a gentle smile, hoping we could start now. She raised an eyebrow at me and beckoned to the boys, “I won’t be teaching you. The boys are probably more fit for a job like that.” Then she went off to feed and give water to the horses.

I stared looking at her empty spot for a moment before turning to the two smirking nimrods. I didn’t look at their eyes when I walked up to them but gave them a shrug as if to say: Let’s do this.

“How should we start, Collin? Defense or offense?” I could hear the grin in Lance’s voice and groaned. This was going to be a long day.

All three of us walked over to a clear patch of grass and the boys started to run in place. “You probably need to start getting in shape, Adam. You’re so lanky I could literally snap you in half.” Lance sized me up with his eyes and let out a long sigh.

“Let’s start with defensive positions and moves. It’s probably best you know how to defend before attacking. Some idiots think that if you kill them quick enough and have the right protection there’s no need for defense. Those idiots are dead.” Collin waved me forward and took position.

I copied his stance looking at his figure and trying to get it right.

“Your feet are the most important, Adam. Look, I could knock you down as easily as batting away a fly.” Collin motioned towards my feet and I look at mine, then his. I really couldn’t see that much of a difference but I tried adjusting them anyways.

I heard Lance grumble as he moved behind me. My cheeks immediately started to burn when he put his hands on my ankles and pushed them in the correct position. He then moved up towards my knees and bent them just slightly. “Dig your heels down if you don’t have enough weight. Which, I know you don’t.” He told me as he backed away.

I nodded and took in a few deep breathes, then looked at Collin who was nodding in approval. I smiled making him double take.

“Don’t grin like that, Adam. You look like a girl when you do.” He muttered, rubbing the back of his head. I bit my lip and looked down. I should probably try to look more boyish around them. More stern faces, laidback eyes, and side-smiles. I relaxed my features and looked back up at him.

“Now, try and choke me.”

I raised an eyebrow. “I thought this was defense?” I asked.

“It is. I’m going to show you how to do a move by doing it myself. Otherwise you won’t do it right.” He rounded in front of me and beckoned me towards him.