Chapter 1: Sexed up Sweet Lullabies

A/n:

Hello again..

When I finished Is it Enough to Love you my writing a sequel was honesty the farthest thing from my mind so this was a surprise even to me but recently after going through and reading many many comments again and having a good cry I realized just how much I missed not only this story but all of you, so I am back.

Shady's back

Tell a friend

And let's see how this goes one more time. xoxoxoxo

Chapter 1:

My palms were sweating as the intense Los Angeles sun beat down on my head through the windshield of Josh's dark navy blue Porsche that he had agreed at long last to allow me to drive. I felt my hair cling to the back of my neck and for a moment all I wished was for every strand to be gone. Sliding large black rimmed aviators onto my slim face I stepped out of my car parked along side of the buzzing avenue. The streets were crowded with regulars living off of their parents trust funds strutting down the street as though their existence was of any real significance and bumbling tourists tripping over themselves with cameras ready and flashy t shirts with the over used 'I heart L.A.' printed across them.

Sharing a small smile with myself as I watched people go by I made a b line for the studio that I had managed to secure the most convenient parking spot in front of and walked with all the confidence I could muster through the sheik glass front doors of the building and across the slick tan tiled floors to the front desk where I identified myself to a stout young blonde with her hair tied back so tightly in a bun I could only imagine the headache she was bringing about. Looking down at my pass I used it to navigate my way to the set where I was to head into the second day of shooting the campaign Josh had scored me with Calvin Klein of all companies.

Since my return I had spent four months in beautiful unadulterated love with Josh Hutcherson. He had been true to his word and managed, in ways unknown to me, to introduce me to the world of modeling with only top gigs and cast me directly into the public eye. Ah yes, my life had become the ultimate satisfaction of the present day American dream and I had no complaints.

"Charlotte Stevens!" Boomed the voice of the young hyper active photographer Ricky Styles, although I suspect that wasn't his real name, whom I had met with and taken a distinct liking to a few weeks prior to the shoot, "when is it I will get the pleasure of calling you Charlotte Hutcherson?" He inquired with a sass about his tone that was nothing out of the usual as his flipped his floppy dark hair from where it drooped over his eyes constantly regardless of how many times a day he flicked his hair up and pushed it back with his hand.

"When Josh finally puts a ring on it." I hollered back to him across the room, which was slowly filling with people as the clock struck 11 and I was perfectly on time, with the nod of my head and a sly grin playing on my face.

"Tell him to get on it before someone else does." I was met with a wink as he began adjusting the lens on his camera with the utmost precision and focus, "now go start getting ready so we can get this shoot done before my hair turns grey." He waved me away cutting our playful banter short and casting me adrift into the hands of many people all with different faces I couldn't remember as they flashed before me so quickly in a frantic rush to prepare me. I felt like an animal in a zoo as I was whisked away into the hands of professionals.

I sat down in my black leather and stiff chair in front of a large mirror decorated with lights and shifted uncomfortably as I mentally prepared to begin the tedious process of readying myself for the glamorous shoot. Parting my hair down the middle I brushed the two large bundles to either side of my head while I crossing my legs patiently waiting for those behind me to prepare their tools to ready me.