EPISODE 2

Cliché: Odd Squad [EPISODE 2]

Date: 18/01/2012 (Wednesday)

Eve, Hannah, Olivia & Tessa (Tweeties)

"Okay everyone, make sure you hand in your essay on my desk before you leave." Madam Von instructed Class 4-5 as they were about to leave the class to prepare for their afternoon activities. "Oh and Eve? A word with you please?" Eve packed up her stuff in her backpack and went to the teacher's table.

"Yes, ma'am?" She was a little anxious as she thought she did something wrong. "You need to decide by the end of this week on which sports or athletics club that you want to join. It's compulsory. But don't worry, you don't have to be as active as anyone else because the school knows that you are to focus on your violin career, it's just to encourage the students to have a healthy body and mind." Eve nodded. "You may leave with your friends."

"What did the witch want?" Tessa asked while they were walking down the stairs.

"I have to make a decision by the end of the week on which sports club or athletics I want to join."

"So what's the problem?" Tessa was prepared to shut Eve down if she wanted to try out for the cheerleading team. Tessa was sure that Eve would take all the spotlight from her.

"I don't know which sports club I should join. As you can clearly see, I'm not a 'sports' type of person." Eve gestured her hands to herself to make her point.

"There are lots to choose from. Netball, softball, basketball, football, hockey.. the list goes on. So just... choose one." Olivia suggested.

"Which sports club doesn't require me to run as much or sweat?"

"You could always try martial arts?" Hannah proposed.

"I can't injure my hand."

"Futsal?"

"Didn't you hear me? I despise running. Ughh" Eve groaned. "I don't know. Maybe I could join the archery club or something, that way I don't need to run or jump or whatever."

Hannah, Tessa and Olivia gave each other sceptical looks. Eve saw what they did and halted. "What? What's with the look? What's wrong with archery?" Eve asked.

"Athena is the captain of the Archery team."

Luna, Karly & Elle

Luna, Karly and Elle were in the school library since they didn't have any extracurricular activities for the day and decided to catch up with their studies and finish their assignments together. Karly was already looking lifeless like a zombie with eyebags under her eyes. She barely got any sleep last night as she was at the hospital all night to take care of her grandmother, who have been hospitalised for almost a year now. Even though her family could afford to have someone to care for her grandmother, she insisted on doing it herself as she was very close and attached to her beloved nanna. It was obvious that she was struggling trying to finish writing her English essay, because it was impossible to comprehend what was written.

Elle was energetically and enthusiastically writing her thoughts on the World War 2 strategies for her History class assignment. Elle can be a bullet when writing, especially on things she have strong opinions about, but not so much in the real life. She's timid and easily intimidated by everyone else. The only way for her to escape was through writing. While Elle was powering through her homework, her good friend Luna was powering through a nap with her Biology textbook as a pillow. "Wake up." Elle threw a crumpled paper at Luna. "I'm upppp.." Luna yawned but her eyes were still closed. "You guys are helpless." Elle shook her head in disappointment.