Chapter 1 - Stalker

Wake up with the sun gently kissing my face, I turn to my window admiring the view of the city. Slowly but steadily reaching for my phone I see a request from Instagram, curiously I open the notification and see a newly familiar name Markus Seattle.

My eyes widen with excitement, but I hold back my emotions for a short moment. I rub my eyes to confirm that I'm not hallucinating, after all, it was pretty early. I look at my phone again and a smile rises on my face. Once accepting what I hoped to be the start of something magical I prepare myself for the day ahead.

I had 5 minutes before I needed to leave, so I did what anyone else who got a request from a hot guy would do. I began to look through his posts, unintentionally I liked a photo from 7 months ago. Embarrassed and in the moment I panicked and unliked the photo straight away.

I prayed that it would glitch and not show up, but knowing my luck it was too little too late. Making my way down the claustrophobic unit staircase I bump into someone, looking down I recognize the veiny hands that awaited me. Steadily looking up I see him there he was, "I- I'm so sorry, I didn't see where I was going" I mutter shyly. My cheeks began to turn a vibrant shade of red and my legs started to grow weak. "No need to be sorry I should have been paying more attention to others around me".

 I ask where Markus is going and to my surprise, it was looking for me. "I was looking for you, I see you liked a post of mine...". The silence was apparent for a few awkward seconds, "Oh yeah sorry about that m- my phone slipped and I tried to catch it and I clicked on your post". "You sure you weren't stalking my posts" he responds both laughing.

I knew he wasn't convinced but I stood confident and fixed my posture implying I was serious. Markus laughed it off and we left the building together. "I'll see you around," I say indicating that I was busy and didn't have time for much chatter. We begin to walk out separate ways as I hear his voice "Bye stalker" I nervously blush and laugh as I make my way to work. 

I unlock the Castille boutique and prepare the fresh delivery of dresses for upcoming spring collections. The many shades of blue, pink, and dusty sand made me excited for the new fashion season to begin. A flood of new clothing sets filled my mind. "I wonder if Markus would like to see me in these" I shrug my shoulders and continue unpacking what felt like never-ending stacks of boxes.

Written by @chiara__velardi