Prologue

UPDATED AUTHER'S NOTE (03.05.2024):  

✨✨✨

So my baby (this li'l storey of mine) is like 13 years old now? I leave for a decade and return to this having blown the heck up? What? I'm sorry? 😳97.4K reads? Am I understanding this correctly? I regret not being here when it was getting popular, but life had had been super hectic, hence my absence. On top of that you've been an absolute ANGELS for putting up with the cringe I managed to incorporate in my book all those years ago, and although I'm still very much proud of my work, it needed a VERY patient person to get through it to the end lol Thank you so much. I have re-published all the chapters for the time being.

 ✨✨✨

Disclaimer: This book needs heavy editing/proof-reading so please keep this in mind before going in. It's pretty immature at times, which makes me cringe lol My writing style has changed drastically thank the Lord up high, and I will be improving the hell out of this in my own time, your patience is appreciated xx Love you🌹

***

          "You're scaring me," she whispered into his ears. "What's wrong?"

          "Like I said, I don't want to lose you."

          "You won't..."

          He broke the embrace after that.

          "I promise I'll always be by your side and never hurt you," he promised seriously. "Do you trust me?"

          "More than I do myself."

          Kael moved closer to her as did she, but then his phone rang. He ignored it but it rang again. Apologising, he went away a few feet to check the message. There was an unopened message with a video sent into his inbox. He frowned. What did she want now?

          The message read;

          'I don't what to say, it's you whom I'm worried about. Play it.

          Love you always, your Sonia.'

          He opened the video file and played it. He didn't believe what he was seeing and didn't want to believe it either, but it was staring him in the face. A confused and incredulous expression came over his face and his right hand, clenched his mobile phone angrily.

          Hira was humming to herself with a gentle smile on her face as she hopped and skipped about, kicking the water with her feet softly and sent it splashing. She was oblivious to the betrayal Kael was feeling and wasn't watching him as he turned towards her.

          "Hira," he said, demanded her attention. His eyes were distancing and growing colder.

          "Yes?" She asked sweetly, skipping over to him.

          "Do you have something to tell me?" he asked, his voice steel.

          The smile disappeared from her face. "What do you mean?" she asked confusingly. "Why are you so upset suddenly?" she asked observantly.

          "Did you kiss Alec?" he asked quietly.

          The first signs of rain began falling from the sky.

          "Why are you asking me this?"

          "Just answer my question!" he snapped.

          "I didn't ... but he kissed me – he ... he likes me, but I don't like him at all." She was babbling.

          He laughed without any amusement. "You didn't seem to mind him kissing you at all, though, did you? I don't see you pushing him away." Anger had consumed him.

          Hira blinked back her tears. "Don't you trust me?" she pleaded. "I don't like him like that!"

          "Then can you disprove this?!" he demanded, facing the video at her eye-level.

‹ Summary