Chapter 2

Dom parked up and jumped out of the car, seeing Ella sitting on the edge of the sidewalk, knees to her chest and her arms huddled around them. He was by her side in an instant, and at first, he did not speak. He simply put his arms around her and let her cry.

Then after a few minutes, he lifted her up bridal style and helped her into his Charger, taking her back to the place she wanted to go – home.

_________________________

The next day came, and Brian and Mia were at the kitchen table eating lunch while simultaneously trying to get Jack to eat his. The 6 year old was always full of energy, and this current time was no different. Ella was distant all morning, and understandably so. Dom kept a quiet, watchful eye on her. Ella hadn't told her parents what happened the previous night yet, but he knew that she had to soon. They'd noticed how quiet she was, but put it down to her teenage hormones and being up before 2pm in the holidays. To their knowledge, Dom had picked up Ella from her sleepover and brought her back in time for lunch.

"Jack, come on sit still and eat your lunch buddy. Once you're finished mommy will take you to your friend's party. You're looking forward to that aren't you!" Brian said with a smile on his face, as his son could not stop talking about it all week.

"Yes daddy!" Jack cheered back, and obediently ate the rest of his lunch. Mia gave Brian a look, and mouthed "Thank you" before Brian smiled again and went back to his own meal.

Ella nibbled at her pasta, absent minded. Dom was up by the counter getting his own food, and watched her from across the room. Almost as soon as she sat down, she excused herself from the table.

As she walked out of the kitchen, Dom grabbed her arm softly to prevent her from leaving the room.

"You need to tell them El" he said calmly.

"Tell us what?" Mia responded, looking up at them. Brian too was confused and followed her gaze, wondering what this meant.

Dom gave Brian, and then Mia, looks as if to say "It's not good".

Mia took this hint, and knew that it wasn't something Jack needed to or should hear right now.

 "Sweetie, it's almost time to go, why don't you go and put your shoes on and get the present ready that you're going to give Aiden, I left it on your bed. Go play for a little while, I'll call you when it's time to go" Mia said, before Jack ran off upstairs excitedly.

"What happened El?" Brian demanded, but not aggressively because he saw that their daughter was in a fragile state and he didn't want her to close up even more.

She tried to open her mouth to speak, but no words came out. Her lips were glued shut, and her throat was dry.

"Show them El" Dom assured.

Slowly, she lifted her top half way and exposed a massive bruise on her gut. Then, she gently removed her cardigan which revealed more bruises on both of her arms.

Brian immediately stood and went over to his daughter, holding her face in his hands.

"Baby what happened to you?" he said softly, the anger building up inside of him. She started to cry into her father's embrace. Another more important question popped up in his mind: "WHO did this to you?"

Mia gasped, her hand covering her mouth. Dom sat next to his sister, where Brian had got up from.

"Someone tried to rape her at the party last night" Dom began to explain, as Ella was clearly not in the right state to. "She refused, said no, but he wouldn't take that for an answer so he hurt her. Hence the bruises. She said she got away before it happened. She called me at about 2am, crying. She ran away, left the party, so I picked her up. She didn't want to wake you guys up in the middle of the night to tell you. She was in such a bad state when I got her. It took a lot for me to get her to open up, but eventually she told me. Some heartless guy tried to rape her and he thinks he's getting away with this" he finished, facing Mia.

"Not just any guy. My boyfriend. Well not after this he isn't" a voice spoke. Ella broke away from her father, who was now looking at her quizzically.

"Boyfriend? You didn't tell us you had a boyfriend" Mia replied, tears rolling.

"You didn't tell me that part either" Dom added, a look of hurt in his eyes. Usually Ella would tell them anything.

"Because I knew how you guys would react. If I told you earlier you would have just warned me off and who knows what would have happened next?" she implored, glancing between her uncle and her father.

"I really liked him. He was one of the nice guys, or so I thought. We'd been dating for about 5 months, so I asked him to come to the party with me. He---" She hesitated.

"Go on" Brian encouraged, placing a caring hand on her back.

"He wanted to... But I didn't. I already told him I wasn't ready, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. He kept insisting, because I was finally of age, but I refused. I begged him to get off me, but he had me pinned down. I got away eventually, that's when I called Uncle Dom. I couldn't tell you—I didn't want to.. I just-- Jason---" her voice started to lose itself, but the tears found their way back.

"Jason? Jason who? Where does he live?" Dom enquired, ready to track down this motherfucker and rip his head off.

"Jason Stevens. 1425 over on Boardwalk Avenue" she answered hesitantly. "Why, what are you going to do?" She asked innocently, looking at Dom, and then into her father's eyes.

Dom answered: "We're going to pay that little prick a visit and make sure he never hurts you again".

"Mia, stay here with El. We'll drop Jack off at his party on the way" Brian responded, before him and Dom got Jack and headed off.

"Dad.." Ella called out, walking over to the door.

"Yeah honey?" Brian responded.

"Get him good".