Special Feature: My Dream Cast for Heartsick

I have to admit that I rarely use actors as inspiration for my characters. (One BIG exception, the Captain in Denali in Hiding, my free Wattpad book,is definitely Jon Hamm!)

But, what writer doesn’t want to play along and pretend that their book will be made into a movie and the casting director is asking them who they should call? So, you know, I better be prepared for when that happens.

Given this, these cast members came about through after-the-fact thinking and research, and not original inspiration. But I think they’d make a worthy cast for any HEARTSICK production.

Quinn:Emma Watson. She’s gorgeous and Harry Potter alumnae, what’s not to like! I also think she’d balance Quinn’s warmth and quirkiness along with Quinn’s occasionally slightly snobby edge well.

Luke: This was a really, really hard one. I heart Luke so much! But, if I must go with someone—and I feel I must because we can’t just not cast Luke, can we?—I think Patrick J. Adams could pull off Luke if he was willing to get a little scruffier and a little more built. Oh, and he’d have to work on his Southern accent.

Danny:Tyler Posey. He’s got such an innocent, boyish smile. He’s perfect.

Mandy:Dakota Fanning has range, and that’s exactly what any actress tackling the character of Mandy needs. She’d also have to die her hair and get it curly, but those are manageable feats.

Conrad:Josh Hutcherson has the necessary depth to him—in his manner and the way he speaks—that would work well with the role of Conrad.

This originally appeared on the Book Enthusiast: http://thebookenthusiast.net/heartsick-by-caitlin-sinead-blogtour/.