Chapter 1

A woman is standing in front of a wall that is full of baby pictures. She's tracing the pictures, with tears filling her eyes. The pain, separation are coming out through tears. If not stopped her heart will burst. She loved that baby unconditionally for 9 months, waited for the moment to see the baby, to feel her, and to love her. She had her time but only limited. Wanted to experience things through that baby's eyes. Her baby was taken away from her, she wanted to beg, cry and shout but it's of no use.

Her arms are wide open like the baby will come out of the pictures into her arms, into a mother's warmth, she's begging for her daughter to come back. The woman is Emily.

"My baby, where are you? Please come back to me. Just stop this hide and seek game, I'm tired now. Just come back" Emily says crying. A strong woman crumbling down only for her daughter.

A hand comes to her shoulder, she looks up and sees her husband giving her comfort and strength with tears in his eyes. The cold-hearted ex-capo is now crying, all his hard work of finding her is now a waste. He is seeing his family fall.

He is giving his wife strength, but what is the point when he has no strength left.

"We'll find her, amore, don't worry," he says giving himself and her assurance.

"But when, it's been 12 years, deco when you'll bring her?" she says all her strength which was left now shattering.

"Soon love, soon," he says side hugging her. Both seeing the photos.

A man listens to their conversation, his face has no expression but his eyes are slight with tears, remembering her sister when he first took her in his arms. His big finger, tightly wrapped around her small hand.

"Come back soon, baby," he says looking at his parents

Little they knew that their years of begging and prays will now be answered.

Somewhere in the USA
Mona's pov

Why do I have to do this every time? My body is sore and my legs are paining due to running and standing for so long.

I sell hot dogs and sausages. Yes. I have a small food truck, where I drive and sell those things. I live in an orphanage, that orphanage has rules.

Rule 1. Children from age 12 have to bring money to the orphanage.

Rule 2. Sleep time is 9

Rule 3. Television only once a week.

Rule 4. When turn 17, you have to live on your own.

Rule 5. The orphanage will not be responsible for any of your actions from age 12 to 18.

This orphanage is very poor. So they're very strict on children. My call time is 7 in the morning and I finish by 7 in the night. By the time I give out, I'm so tired that I don't have the energy to do anything. Although I don't drive this truck. A guy of age 17 Drive this, that's his only duty to drive and he takes half of the money I make. I don't complain though as without him driving, I will not be able to reach anywhere.