-00-

<listen to the song>

Verona, Italy

October 20, 1982

The frigid breeze of the elegant hotel's A/C hit my skin as I stepped into the bronze hotel. My costly heels tapped the tile while I hauled my luggage against the marble tile until I halted at the front desk's granite counter where I was welcomed by a suspicious middle-aged woman who was wonderfully outfitted; her brunette hair was satisfyingly slicked back into a bun.

I leaned against the counter softly with a warm smile. After a bumpy eleven hours, and a few minutes, flight from New York to Verona, Italy, I was drained and just preferred to book a room for one; which I should have done before but I procrastinated because of the proportion of writing I was behind on. " Good night ma'am, welcome to SINN Hotel, how can I help you," said the lady politely, her voice was Italian- accented. "Do you have a room for one available, I didn't make any reservations yet?" I asked, dropping my purse from my shoulder to the crease of my elbow, ready to book and pay for the room. "Give me a minute ma'am, I would check,"

A dissatisfied expression instantly washed over her beautiful facial features when she glanced at the mainframe computer in front of her. "I'm so sorry ma'am, unfortunately, we are all booked out because it's fall and almost the holidays but there is a suite available, it is open for a week," She notified, typing something on her computer. "You would have to share with the chief of the hotel, Mister De Luca, if that's okay, " The woman said and pointed to a well-suited man in all black— everything about him was bizarre, making a lump develop in my throat.

I swallowed it, gazing at the tall, lean-built man standing on the other side of the counter. He sighed as the man who was speaking with him pointed to me; the man ran his hands through his dark curly hair before shooting me a cold look— frustration and anger filled in his dark gaze. My posture immediately straightened and my muscles went tense when his eyes mentally burned into my pale skin. A one sided smirk grew on his plump lips as he continued to look at me while listening to the front desk's helper.

I looked back at the woman in uneasiness, I didn't have anywhere else to stay for the night and it was already late and very dark out. It was the 80's, murders were becoming more and more common around the world. "I'll share the suite," I replied, my voice slightly shaking in nervousness. "Alright, can you please sign the payment receipt so that we can confirm the payment?" She asked, handing me some papers. I took the golden pen she lend me and signed away.

One of the biggest mistake I could have ever make.

-

THE TRAILER IS OUT: