NINE

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲
☦︎︎

"As sure as the sun rises, we will purge union, of this wretched pollution, we will search every house, every inch of wood!" Elijah shouted as he threw a chained up Hannah onto the ground.

"We will not rest, and we will not HAVE MERCY!"

"So help me, god, we will be cleansed of these anathemas! WE WILL HAVE OUR JUSTICE!" The crowd cheered making eve whimper into Solomons jacket.

"WE WILL FIND SARAH FIER!" The men grabbed Hannah and threw the poor girl into the meeting house.

Evelyn sat back and watched as people searched around for her sister like she was some type of criminal.

tears slowly made their way down her face before she turned to Solomon who was still by her side.

"can you take me back to your place Solomon I can't watch this anymore please" she whimpered as her grip on his hands gradually got tighter.

"yes come on" he kissed her head before pulling her away from the rest of union.

The two walked hand in hand, evelyns bare feet were sore, wet and cold.

her back ached as Solomon pulled her into his warm home, he quickly grabbed a hand towel and sat her down before kneeling in-front of her.

"Lift up your dress a little" she gave him a confused look but complied as she lifted up her dress revealing her feet which were now beat red due to the cold air and lake water mixed.

she sighed as she watched him place a hot rag on her feet he cleaned all of the dirt and mud off of her feet before drying them.

he then grabbed a pair of warm white socks and put them on for her.

"thank you Solomon" she whispered as he helped the poor girl stand up.

"please it's my pleasure, do you want any soup or any clothes to wear?" he questioned as he placed the rag in the bowl of hot water

"May I please borrow a shirt to wear?" He nodded and left the room leaving her alone.

soon enough he walked in with a long sleeve sweater, she thanked him and grabbed it before walking into his restroom

she sighed as she yanked off her dirty dress,eve placed the sweater on watching as it fell down past her thighs.

she folded her dress and placed it under her armpit before walking out of the bathroom closing the door behind her.

"hey i started making some soup if that's okay you look sick so I thought you might like some" he said making her smile and wrap her arms around his torso.

"thank you Solomon for everything" his hands snaked around her waist as she then placed her chubby arms around his neck.

"you don't have to thank me Evelyn I'd do anything for you, okay?" she nodded as the two let go of each other.

he placed a delicate kiss on her cheek, his hands stayed placed on her love handles his grip was tight.

"you don't understand how much you truly mean to me Evelyn" his words were genuine, eve felt her heart flutter at the man, her cheeks flushed a deep red before she hid her face in his chest.

"don't hide from me eve" he said.

Solomon grabbed the girls face forcing her to make eye contact with him.

he leaned in and cupped her cheeks before placing a soft kiss on her lips

she returned the gesture smiling through the kiss before loud knocks could be heard throughout the silent cabin.