The last show | Chapter 23

That Saturday I woke up at 8:30 to do some homework. I had an açai bowl and a coffee for breakfast. I did everything pretty fast so by 11: 30 I had finished all my homework at least the ones for this week. I was also able to do some of the online tests, probably by the following day I would have the mark. I was pretty confident and thought that I had done great so I decided to hang out with the girls. We decided to do some research on the neighbourhood we were going to live in. We were going to live in Theatre District, where most of the theatres are located while doing some research we found out that the building we were going to stay at was the same as in Gershwin Theatre, the Paramount Plaza. We got so excited. We started getting excited about living the NYC life. We started making plans living like someone there not like tourists. All of us had a board on Pinterest with pictures of New York or people in it posing or just living their life and we wanted to remake them one day it was so exciting.

We loved it for so many reasons, the outfit, the weather, the background, the model and so many other details. After watching many pictures on Pinterest we realized that it was almost lunchtime so we decided to eat out because we all had money and our parents let us. Instead of going to Dandy's, we decided to go to HB for two reasons firstly we had been going a lot to Dandy and secondly and most importantly we were at Milo's house and HB was two blocks away and Dandy over twenty blocks away. We ordered the lunch menu which was a hamburger with four toppings of our choice. The lunch was ready in about ten minutes, really fast, we sat on a booth and talked about the future we were all still shocked even over two months after knowing we were living this experience together.

We stayed at the restaurant for about an hour, after that we went to have a walk by the city, we took pictures as if we were models. We also took pictures of people passing by. We got some great shots. We even edited them it was such fun. After walking through a huge part of the city we went to my house. We did a sing-along with our playlist with songs only from musicals https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0IPZBhocPQfSD3H2BBGN9w?si=Cl7ySIXgQsihyGpOnbpHnA

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Those are some of the most important memories of my last months in Buenos Aires, after about 4 months of practice we finished preparing "The Sound of Music", "School of Rock" and "Wicked" and Pichu, Milo and Cler "In The Heights" instead of "Wicked". They had both got roles, Pichu Nina and Milo Camila, Nina's mother. I enjoyed so much the last months and made some great memories that I'll never forget.

Today was the last performance. We were doing for the last time School of Rock and tomorrow we were going to New York, tomorrow our lives were changing forever. The performance began at 8, I was full of adrenaline. Although this was the last performance I wasn't really sad I was really happy about starting my new life in New York.

Emi, Juan and I shared the dressing room. We were about to come out. 5 minutes until the performance began, we were all called to the biggest dressing room and they started giving us a speech about this being the last performance and then the thing that shocked everyone was that we could be called for another show they wouldn't call me because they knew that I was leaving, but I was happy for Emi.

The first Act ended, we had a break of ten minutes, I texted the girls in that time. We were all soooo excited for our new adventure. I decided to start saying goodbye to Emi, after this experience we had grown close. I knew that we had the second act still but I wanted to say goodbye to her before this amazing experience ended.

The lights turned off, the reflector was on the stage, we came out to begin this last act. In between scenes I said goodbye to everyone and when the final song was coming I went to talk with Juan and Emi, we had grown so close throughout this whole experience. When we went out I was holding my tears, it could be my last performance for a long time in Argentina, however, I was very excited to live in New York. I was supposed to bow with Emi and Juan and we added a hug which wasn't planned it was just an honest goodbye, not just to the audience but to Emi. When we finished, instead of putting on my clothes, I kept the costume and went outside, a lot of friends were there and also a lot of people who had known me from the Instagram account and the pictures on the street, those congratulations were the best ones, because if they don't know you then they mean their congratulations, not saying that the rest doesn't but it's just different.

We went to our houses and went to bed as we got there, but no one was able to fall asleep so we started chatting through the NYC group...

A/N: I'll put the names of each character the first time they talk in the chat and then I'll just use the emojis.

NYC

Hiiii is anyone else awake???

milii 💫: meee, I can't fall asleep.

pichula🥰: me neitherrr

I knowww I'm so excited.

Jaz 💞: I can't believe that we are already in September, this year passed by me.

💫: so truee I feel like it was yesterday that Merchu was cast.

🥰: me too, we are hours from living the dream.

I know this might be a little cliche but we are about to leave the best of both worlds...

💫: did you just read my mind😳

💞: hahaha I also thought about it😂

marcos🧡: heyy as soon as you arrive text me I'll pick you up at the airport.

juann♥️: someone from the company is picking us up, but if you want you can come.

oh right, thank you so much anyways marcoss...I miss you

🥰: okay...so tomorrow what's the plan?

💫: I'm going to the airport with my family, all of it😳

💞: both sides?

💫: yep, but not all my cousins just some of them and their parents.

🥰: we are going to fill the airport, thank god there isn't a pandemic or we would all catch it.

Hahaha, that's so funny I can't imagine what it would be like...

Valenn🦁: what did I miss?

We are all up having trouble to sleep you too??

🦁: not really I just woke up to have some water.

💫: really? I don't believe you...

🦁: okay not really I was awake talking to some friends.

🥰: hahaha now that's more like you...

♥️: can somebody help me pleaseee!!! It's urgentttt

what happened???

💞: what's going on??

♥️: I didn't tell some friends that I'm leaving I forgot...

🥰: didn't they talk about it in the school?

♥️: the thing is he isn't from school, I met him in my club, I haven't seen him in a while because I was full of activities and never got the chance to tell him and forgot about it.

Oh god😰

🦁: tell him the truth and if he lives nearby tomorrow before the airport go to his house, or invite him to the airport

♥️: okay thank you❤️

I decided to try to sleep once more, it took me a long time but I was able, I had the most amazing dream, well it was reality frankly...