10. Spilling the Tea

🏕

Eventually, Mirae and Namjoon reluctantly pulled apart to go back to set up the tent and start making dinner.

Minji had already lit the fire and put on some water for tea and the pot of stew Mirae made earlier that day to heat up. Yoongi was helping by making the rice, placing the pot carefully next to the other in the fire with the oven mitts.

"That joke was gross, Yoon," Minji crossed her arms.

"I'm sorry, Mimi. I didn't mean it," Yoongi sincerely apologized and Minji's heart melted.

He held the cat-paw patterned oven mitts (thank you, Mirae) up to his face, doing aegyo, "Pwease forgib me," he spoke in a baby voice.

She reached over to hold his face in her palms, squishing his cheeks which made him look like a cute muffin. "You're adorable, you know that?" He pouted, making his cheeks even cuter and Minji giggled. "And I know what you are going to say so let me respond by saying... you are also hot af when you rap." She turned away really embarrassed that she admitted her little secret that she has been dying to get off her chest for a very long time.

Yoongi smirked, feeling a combination of surprise and pride that the one girl it meant the most from had finally admitted her rather obvious attraction to him. He found it adorable that she was so embarrassed that she was hiding her face in her hands. He lent into her ear, purposefully lowering his already dangerously deep voice and seductively whispering...

"...Ditto..."

Minji swung around, "Did you just say..." she looked at him wide-eyed, mouth agape. "Did you just admit to me that..."

"I think we share a certain duality," he smirked, "I can't take my eyes off you when you rap..."

Minji gulped, her face heating up as her brain sifted through all the memories of his longing staring.

"But you are also so adorable, my cute Munchkin," he squished her cheeks.

"Hey! Only I get to call her that!" Mirae interrupted. She had been half listening, half trying to figure out how to put this tent together. She was shipping them so hard, listening to them finally admit their attraction to each other, but no no no that was too far to steal the nickname she made up for her best friend.

Minji recollected herself before speaking, "Oop yeah Yoongles sorry, you can call me anything else, but Munchkin is reserved for my BFF. And besides," She leaned in, "You have plenty of other ways to address me." The water looked to be semi-hot and she took the opportunity to change topics before he thought about what she had said. "The tea is ready!"

Minji took the mitts from Yoongi and poured the hot water carefully into four mugs with chamomile tea bags.

Namjoon put down the tent poles he was swinging around rather dangerously, trying to fit them together to somehow put up the monstrosity that called itself a tent.

The campground was cozy with just enough space for a few tents. It had a feature that was particularly awesome, though: a firepit surrounded by logs that had seats carved into it. It was the perfect place to sit around and eat, tell scary stories, sing, play Uno. Minji passed around the steaming tea to everyone.

"Anything else?" Yoongi thought about it. "Ok, mini Minji it is!"

"Heyyy I'm not that tiny and look who's speaking!" Minji exclaimed sarcastically.

Everyone laughed at that. "Mini Min! Hahaha," Namjoon commented mischievously.

"On a side note, I just thought of the best nickname for Namjoon," Mirae smirked.

"Oh, Nammy?" Minji asked.

"Aw that's cute," Namjoon smiled, his dimples showing.

"Oh yeah, but that wasn't it."

"Um, 'hotstuff'? That is a direct quote," Minji felt like spilling a few more secrets tonight, and this one promised great results. She just hoped she wouldn't have to deal with the consequences tonight of purposefully bringing a tent with a missing pole.

Yoongi "ooh"ed, Namjoon looked very pleased with himself, and Mirae looked so embarrassed.

"Hotstuff, ey?" Namjoon wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at her and Mirae truly felt like melting from embarrassment. This didn't last more than a few moments, however, because friends only want what's best for each other.

"Now, what did you want to say, Mirae?" Minji shooed away the tense atmosphere that was looming over the campsite. And it wasn't just the smoke from the fire. No... it was more of a... sexual tension. 🤭

"Oh right..." Mirae cleared her throat and slapped her cheeks to get herself with it. "Well..." She wasn't sure if she was ready for more embarrassment, "Taking into account Namjoon's... physique..." last chance to take it back... "An appropriate nickname would be..."

"Chunky Joon"

Namjoon suddenly and violently threw his tea all over lap. That water was hot too. Mirae sped over to the food cooler to grab some ice and rubbed it on his thighs to cool them down.

"Or maybe just, 'clumsy' would work," she shook her head at how much of a danger he is to himself.

Namjoon smiled, although not completely forgetting the comment she had made or how she was touching near his sensitive area.

"Hold the ice on it. I'll get your pajamas and you can change behind a tree. Your shorts are very wet," Mirae ordered.

Minji giggled and Yoongi noticed the connotations this time.

Mirae rifled through the pile of bags to find his, then pushed through the piles of unfolded clothes to get his cute blue koala onesie and... she pulled out a pair of red checkered boxers. She gazed curiously at the size of them before getting embarrassed that she was inspecting Namjoon's underwear and folding them in the onesie.

And due to all this chaos, Mirae never got to drink her chamomile tea.

Author's Note: I like to think that my titles are clever