*Baka-Soras part*

“Who is this?” Says Rose, as she leans down to inspect the girl on the ground further.

“Did you think her up?”

“No.” I say quietly. The woman before me is unlike anything I’ve ever seen in my entire life. The closest thing I’ve seen to compare her to is the carnies from the circus I saw with my mother when we first arrived in London. Her long black hair is spread in disarray across the grass but, also streaks of pink and blue. Is that her natural color? She’s so..... Interesting, and unlike e my mind could ever think about making.

“Zade, should we take her home?”

“No, let’s wait until she wakes up.”

“The pixie realm is having their annual celebration tonight, we need to be there.”

“Then you go. Tell them I had important matters to take care of.”

Rose twirls the strange girls even stranger hair around her finger until she finally comes to a decision.

“Okay, but you better be there later.”

I simply nod in Rose’s direction, for some reason my eyes won’t move away from this eccentric girl in front of me. Is she real? Oh god, I hope so. Just to make sure I kneel next to her and gently stroke her cheek. So warm, so soft, so... Real. Her eyes slowly open and widen at my close proximity. She shoves her arms forward and I fall on my backside on the thankfully soft grass.

“Get the hell off me you creep.” She’s says harshly. As she sits up she rubs the back of her head and drinks in her surroundings. “Who are you?” She stands up and tugs at the coat around her.

“Who are you?” I say back hoping she won’t try to hurt me again.

“I asked first! Is this some kind of joke?”  

“Joke?”

“Yes. Who are you? Where the fuck am I?”

“My name is Zade and you are in the book.”

“The book?” I stand up and notice that I am quite taller than her. Cautiously, I step in closer. She doesn’t even blink.

“You were drawn to it too.”

“To the book?” I nod. “Y-yeah I guess... Am I dreaming?”

Even though she was much smaller than me, I was still a little intimidated by her. Is it because she’s a real person? She suddenly grasps the material of my shirt and pulls me close to her face. I could feel the heat radiating from her. Wow, she really is real. Usually, I would be bothered by the closeness of our faces but, for some strange reason, I’m not bothered by it at all. I actually want her near me. I want her to touch me. I want her to make me feel real again. My hands reach up and lightly touch her smooth skin. It’s been over 100 years since I’ve touched another living human being. The thought outdoes anything else in my mind. I reach my hands out to her and before she slaps them away, I feel her soft cheek. Her skin, even though I live in my own fantasy world, is the most amazing thing I’ve felt in over 100 years.

“Don’t touch me!”

Instantly, my hands draw back and rest awkwardly at my sides.

“Sorry.”

Her big green eyes dart around as she takes in her new, otherworldly surroundings. She’s so nice to look at.

“So the book actually... Dragged me in?” I nod as she sits down on a large rock near the water. I hear a small growling sound. She looks embarrassed for a little bit and I realize that she’s hungry. I hold my hand out to her and imagine a sweet crisp apple in my hand. Her sea-green eyes stare in amazement and confusion as an apple appears in my hand. I toss it to her and she just barely catches it.

“H-how... Did you do that?” I smirk and make another appear for myself. As i take a bite, she follows suit. “Um... I’m sorry for uh- freaking out. This is just...”

“Crazy.”

“Crazy.” She repeats to herself.