psalm 10:7

his mouth is full of lies and threats; trouble and evil are under his tongue

◢✥◣

◢✥◣

getō suguru was a complicated personality. he found he had recently been getting into small arguments with gojō more often than he'd like. but it wasn't anything too serious, at least, he'd like to believe so.

he felt almost overwhelmed. getō hadn't even noticed until he heard gojō's name be called up for a mission, maybe the fourth, or was it the fifth time in one week?

gojō had been completely consumed by his obligations as a sorcerer and getō couldn't help but feel as though his best friend had raced ahead of him without even thinking of looking back at where he stood, alone.

getō glanced over to shoko, she seemed as relaxed as ever. he wouldn't have been surprised if she hadn't even realised gojō had left yet again.

it couldn't be helped, he thought to himself, gojō going out on more missions obviously meant getō had more time to himself, it wasn't necessarily a bad thing. he tried to convince himself, anyway.

as much as he thought he could deal with the lack of company, he found himself subconsciously walking towards the fujihara household.

it was a warm summer night, getō looked up at the moon, a faint crescent blending with the hazy indigo, and found that he could only think of what gojō was doing in that very moment.

just before he'd left, the two of them were talking, getō had now forgotten about what started their discussion, finding it to be insignificant to the disagreement they had.

gojō insisted that shamans needed to protect the weak, the power they were gifted with were simply tools at their disposal, a means of taking care of those who couldn't do it themselves.

of course, gojō satoru would spew nonsense like that. being the way he was, his words were all entirely too honourable for getō hold a candle to his point of view.

he knew gojō had been chosen for missions more often than he, thinking his mind would accept that gojō was in a league of his own, but it was easier said than done.

he almost felt bad seeing gojō return from his missions, a smile on his face while he cracked jokes as though he'd hardly had to lift a finger.