Chapter 2

Another unfulfilling day in my life.

I'm busy trying to get this beat to match up with the guitar solo on my new project. But sound engineering is harder than it looks.

I never really wanted to take sound engineering, but it seems like I'm majoring in it now. I always used to be good at writing songs and playing instruments, so my dads insisted on taking it.

I could've taken any other subject or course, but nope... Sound engineering.

I finally give up and ask my teacher to help out. Mr Goliath. He comes over and points out that my guitar isn't in tune and not in the right rhythmic beat.

To be honest, this never happened before. No wonder Mr Goliath was shocked when I lifted my hand. Usually I'd compose and produce with ease... Probably just that time of the year.

Every year fairies "shed". They lose themselves to the old fairy ways and forget how to function.

Back in the days fairies roamed the land without worrying about humans. So, fairies wings don't retract and stay out. Mine always happen around September. And it's very irritating. My wings always act up and start itching.

I tore my left wing when I was 5 and that made my shedding process a little different from most. My wings become weaker but still won't retract. I become seriously ill and can't move at all. Just the best.

My teacher started asking questions on my behaviour, and I just said I wasn't feeling well. He immediately knew what I was talking about. No, he isn't a fairy and no he doesn't know about me being a fairy, but my dad did tell him this bizarre story of how I have a weak immune system and every year I become incredibly sick.

Mr Goliath moves on to the next student who's hand is up after patting my back and wishing me the best of luck for my "illness".

Time flies by and I finally had off. I immediately go and search for Lucas. We usually have off together.

I check by the bleachers and there he is. Just sitting there staring out at the football field. I go and sit by him. He then proceeds to stare without noticing me.

"Hey, earth to Lucas." I say as I wave my hand in front of his face. "Oh, hey. Sorry, just a little lost in thought." "No kidding. So, what were you thinking about?"

He stutters as he tries to get words out. I think I know what's going on. "Tyler?" He turns his head. It has been a while since I've seen those two together. 

Tyler is Lucas's best friend. He is also one of the only fairies that still live in hiding. Tyler is one of the smartest being I have ever met. He's smart, kind and very much into Lucas. Even if he's 30 years old. I would call that paedophilic but they are just too cute.

"Its been almost a year, Alex... Does he... hate me?" "No! Tyler would never hate anyone, let alone you! Tyler is just...-" "Busy?" Lucas lets out a deep sigh. Tyler is... Well, he's very complicated. Sure he loves Lucas, but he never shows actual affection towards him. I wish I could convince him that the human world is not all that bad. I mean, they have cats.

"Maybe we should've never started dating in the first place." "Don't say that! You tw-" "Don't you see Alex! We're almost never together and he never even bothers to wish me a happy birthday or even call to ask me how I'm doing! I'm tired of doing this thing alone..." Lucas attempted to leave, and I wanted to stop him, but he's right. Maybe... they weren't actually meant to be... 

"I'll... I'll talk to Tyler as soon as I see him...promise." Lucas didn't even flinch. He just... Walked away.

After school, my dad came to pick me up. We immediately went home. Usually I would ask for Boba or Starbucks, but stomach is not sitting right with me today. When we got home, I flew up to my room and  took a nap.

Tom's POV

That was weird. She didn't ask for a drink on our way back. She just went up to her room... Something's up. 

Before I could fly up, Greg came in. "Hey, mi amor." I just smile at him and give him a hug. "What's wrong?" "Huh?" "You almost never give me hugs, what's wrong?" I sigh and tell him what I think is wrong.

"Tommy, Alex is fine. It's probably just her time of the year, we are nearing to September." "It's much more than that, she didn't even take a snack up to her room." "Ok, why don't you go talk to her and I'll make dinner?" "Thanks, Hun." Before flying up, I give Greg a kiss. What did I do to have this man as my life partner.

I come to the door of Alex's room and knock. She allows me in, that's a first. I see her, head faced down on her pillow, lying on her bed. "Sweaty..." I slowly approach her bedside. I sit down. A loud moan came from her. "If this is about your birthday, we could always cancel-" "Please, no! It's not that at all, dad!" She jolted up quickly saying. "Then what is it? You know I'm always here to talk..." She slowly sits up straight with her face down. "I know you are... It's just... I don't know... Maybe I'm just a little is stressed... That's all." She was smiling, but i could tell something is still bothering her...

Like a good father, I'll leave her be for now.

Alexandra's POV

 I know my dad cares about me, but this is a matter I need to solve by myself... Maybe i should call Tyler, if he finally learned how to use a phone. As soon as dad left i grabbed my phone and dialled him. 

It's ringing...ringing... still ringing... Ah!

"Tyler? Hi." It was silent for a quick 5 seconds till I heard him speak. "Alexandra? Is that you?" "Yeah..." "I apologize, I am still not use to this cell devise, hehe." I snicker at his remark. Tyler still hasn't given up on his old English. Well, it's either this or Spanish. And I still can't have a full conversation without googling a few words. Don't come at me, no Spanish for five years affects some people. 

After a 10 minute chat about what he's been up to, I finally bring Lucas. And he had a... interesting reaction. "Oh... Lucas... How has he been?" "He's okay, I guess. He's just a little worried-" Before i could properly finish my sentence, he cut me off. "Worried? About what? Is it about us? Is he with you? Let me speak to my beloved." "Tyler, calm down. He's not here, but i could leave a messaged... if that's okay with you." Silence. Was it wrong of me to offer help? I probably shouldn't get involved... "Just..." He went silent again. "Just tell him I love him... and I will try and talk to him more... I'm just... Busy." "With what?" Fuck... that slipped out. Why do I always get myself caught in these type of situations. "If I say, you will tell him... It's... a surprise and of great importance.. So I cannot dilly dally any longer. Good day, Alex." "Wait-"

Alex... He never calls me that... Something's definitely up... Is he..? No, Tyler would never, he loves Lucas... Dammit, Alex. Why must you always do this to yourself? You're barely in a relationship. Before I could contemplate about more, dad called me for diner. Dinner?! How long was I on that call...

"Alex, come down before I take all the tripitas!" I hate you so much, Roberto.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey, my gorgeous people!! Just wanna say thanks for the support on everything :) I see Instagram Love Story is almost at 30K views... WFHEUVEUVIEHRVIRVUHERIUVEIUVBIEYRGIEVJDBVIEBRIEIVB OMG THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH, I WILL DEFINITLY TRY AND UPDATE IT FOR YOU GUYS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE :D

Anywayyy love you guys loads<3

im off for now, till the next chapter ;)

~CashKpop<3