Chapter 12

Halloween has arrived: the Night of Fright. I'm going trick or treating with Ace and a Halloween party at his friend's house. My first party, a Halloween party and already my legs are shaking.

After I took my shower, I look at my white lion costume that's just laying on the bed. I put it on, my white fluffy shirt and trouser with a lion tail. Before I place my white lion hair band on I rubbed some lotion on my face which smells really fresh and natural. Sarah helped out with a bit of face painting to create a cool effect before she went back downstairs.

I grabbed my hairband with lion ears and mane looking wig which I placed on my head and finally my lion paw boots. I look at myself in the mirror on the wall. I look jaw dropping at the work she done. She added colours, some line art and amazing effects. Yep, Sarah is awesome.

"Woaw, I'm a lion, grr." I say to myself, I turn to Chico, "Hey, look at me, I'm a lion in disguise, Grrr" I giggle at myself acting like a three year old.

"I'm a lion, I'm a lion." He repeated.

"You know lions are one of my favourite animals." I tell him even though he is a bird, I kind of enjoy talking to Chico and I love him, "I love you Chico."

He replies, "I love you too Lola." He has also improved in interacting with humans lately so far. I walk towards him to pat his soft body with my hand but instead he rubbed his head against my palm. I love touching him and I was glad I got him.

"I know buddy." I say to him with an extra rub on his soft green feathers, "you know, you're aso cute and thats why I love you."

He takes off and flies around my head in a circle. I wish I could take him with me but I can't since it's just Ace and me.

"Hey Chico, you'll be fine home won't you?" He squawks, " I don't know, I don't want to leave you alone. "

"He can play with Dizzy." A voice startled me from behind me. It was Ace walking towards me.

I say to him with worry, " Are you sure, will they get along? "

"They will have to and besides Mom and Dad will take care of them " he put both of his hands on my shoulder making, startling me. "Don't forget we have a party to go to and my friend will be disappointed if you don't come."

"But I don't even know him or anyone else." I pouted.

"Excuses, excuses." He says with a cheeky grin. He eyes my costume up and down, "Like a lion, be brave."

That just got me cheered up, " Thanks. "

"Your welcome my little sister." He says with a wide smile. Sometimes this boy just creeps me out. James Parker is a better brother, well he makes me laugh, happy especially when he calls me Kiddo. Oh I kind of miss him very much, but now he is long gone and thinking about him won't bring him back. I only sadden at the thought of him

Ace notices it, " Hey, what's wrong?"

I reply, "It's nothing, let's just go." He gives a nod and I turn back to Chico, "See you later boy."

There is no way I want to ruin this, especially with dealing James being gone.

"See you later, see you later." Chico repeats which cheers me.

I glance at Ace walking behind me down the attic stairs and I just noticed he already has his werewolf mask on his head.

When we reached the front door, Sarah and Mikey were waiting for us holding our Halloween baskets which looks like an orange pumpkin.

"Good luck you two and be careful." Sarah tells us both, she turns to me, " Try to have fun. "

Mentioning mom nearly bought little grief to me so I took a deep breath and gave her a small hug which she returned. There are times like this that I feel like I just need a mother.