Who I Am

As Mike and Angela heard my dad’s cruiser park in the yard, they quickly took lead and walked ahead of me down the stairs.  My shirt was skin tight, so as soon as my mother and father walked in, I could only imagine how they were seeing me, now, seemingly five months pregnant, my father especially…he had checked up on me all day yesterday, so he would’ve seen me, as I was laying over the covers instead of underneath.

My mother, however, was pissed off that her only daughter had let her down, getting herself pregnant while she was still in school, supposedly ‘ruining her own life’ before it even began.  And that was when she turned on Charlie.  “How could you let her do that, and why didn’t you tell me sooner?” she asked in a raised voice, but one that was nowhere near a scream or a yell.

I held up my hand, trying to silence them.  “That’s not dad’s fault.  He didn’t know…just like I hadn’t noticed it until this morning.”

They all gawked at me, but sat down and waited with patience to ask questions until I finished my story.  I told them how when I came to Forks, Edward wanted my blood and wanted to hate me, but he couldn’t.  He couldn’t stay away.  Then I figured out what he was, a vampire…”  They all looked shocked at that…except for Angela.

“I knew something wasn’t right with them, but I didn’t know what it was,” Angela said, smiling.  “At least, until now.”

“Dude,” Mike said, shaking his head.  “I knew Cullen was a freak, but…”

And that’s when I cut him off with a growl, before clamping my hands over my mouth, when I felt a kick in my stomach.  That’s when I realized that she had amplified my emotions because, even with all that was going on, she felt that the Cullen’s still deserved a second chance…if we could ever find them, that is.

About the growling…yeah, everyone was pretty creeped out.  I couldn’t say if it surprised me or didn’t, but I suddenly knew why I was acting like this and feeling this weird way.

I was slowly turning into a vampire, caused by the vampire child that was growing inside me, far too fast.

“Bella…calm down,” my mother said to me, walking over slowly and instinctively, like she’d had this kind of run-in before.

The same look came from dad, while Mike and Angela were absolutely petrified.

When my mother got me sitting down and hugging me, I instantly felt calm, but not in the normal sense…it was almost like the power that Jasper had.

And that’s when I noticed that my mother and father were carrying on a conversation without even moving lips.  Instantly, I knew what was going on…flashbacks hit me like a boulder!  Two months old, I magically turn on my mobile over my crib, because I wanted to hear the music.  At the age of four, I went out on a sunny day, not realizing why I shouldn’t, when I then saw diamonds sparkling all over my body, shocking me.  The last that came at e was not long after the last, my mother and father punishing me by binding my powers until I was over, taking the vampire part with them, somehow.

As if reading my thoughts, my dad nodded.  “Yes, you’re powers were unbound when you were first pregnant, but the vampire is being subtle because your baby still has a ways to go.”

It all clicked, and that’s when I looked at them, and I mean really looked at them.  Dad was the vampire, I could tell, which made me wonder if all those meals that I cooked him had made him sick.  He nodded, answering it.

Mom was the witch, but she was still mom.  It was odd.  Of course, anything in the supernatural is odd, but it was only made worse by the fact that I had been blinded by all of this for the last ten years or so, somehow not remembering it.

My father was starting to act paranoid as he looked outside.  “We need to hurry this.  You know if her pregnancy is found out, that we could all be killed?”

That scared the shit out of all of us, but none more than Mike and Angela.  My dad appeared fast beside them, sitting in front of them on the coffee table.  “I can easily erase your memories, but if you do stay with us, you must become one of us and leave your family.  For good.”

Mike and Angela stared at each other for a long moment, again tossing stares at each other like they were talking.  Not even 32 seconds later, they both looked at us.

“All right,” Mike said, with a nod of his head.  “We’ll do it.”

********************

My pregnancy was odd, to say the least.  Especially when my little nudger had refused any human food, forcing my father to go and steal blood bags for me.

For now, since no one was to be turned until after I was fully changed, Mike and Angela were making use of themselves by faking documents and changing names…with the help of dad, of course.

We had even moved into the Cullen’s, so we couldn’t be so easily tracked.  And I thought everything would work out.  Well, it still did, just not as I had anticipated.

Four days before giving birth, I was dying of thirst, but not for water.  For blood.  The senses from my vampire side were almost at their peak, so I could move as fast as any vampire, but my huge belly prevented that, so I would lounge on the couch.  I was watching TV, waiting for more blood bags when Angela came and set next to me.

All of a sudden I was thrown in a frenzy.

I jumped up so fast, she didn’t notice until the burning began from the bite I had given her.  That’s when, somehow, three people were able to pull me away, but the damage was done.

Once I would be whole and complete, again, she would be half of what I was, which meant more protection for my child.

********************

A/N: I still have no idea where my ideas come from, or why I post them, but I have imminent plans for this one, so I’m hoping it will be a big hit.

Thanks!

Missy