Taken by Force

—TAKEN BY FORCE—

TAKEN BY FORCE

●♤♤●

"By all means, go ahead." Jace said, motioning to the door with a skull on it. Simon went to actually enter. "Of course, the minute you enter you'll die."

"Problem is, now I don't trust you." The boy with glasses turned to Jace.

"He's not lying."

"Now." Izzy added onto Alec's statement. "He was before."

"The rune energy in the City of Bones will kill any mundane who dares to enter, so, please…" I looked at Alec in disbelief. He just smirked a little to me.

"The Brothers creep me out. Me and Rea will mind the mundane." Izzy said with a smile and I looked to her.

"Your sacrifice is noted, Izzy, Rea." Me and Izzy nodded to Jace in sync.

"Talk about sacrifice." Simon scoffed. "I'm missing a financial analysis class."

"I can’t be here anymore, so, Jace, I’m gonna mind the perimeter." Alec said, wavering his hand at Simon before leaving.

"I don't want to leave you." Clary said to Simon, and I almost gagged.

"Go be a badass Shadowhunter, all right? Get your memories back, save your mother. I’ll be right here… guarding the entrance to hell." Simon and Clary shared a hug before separating.

"Clary, you don't keep the Silent Brother's waiting."

"You got this." Simon encouraged.

I walked off to Simon's van and sat down. I picked up a stick and broke it into little pieces.

"I'm sorry." I looked up and stared at Simon, with Izzy next to him.

"For what? Ignoring me? Acting like I'm not there?"

"Yeah." He muttered and I rolled my eyes.

"It's fine. I'm used to it." I shrugged, looking back down to the small chunk of stick.

"It isn't, Rea." Simon argued, sitting next to me. I looked up and saw Alec watching with a hardened glare. Can he hear the conversation?

"Simon, it doesn't matter." I firmly said, but the boy wasn't having it.

"I've been a bad friend." Humming in agreement, I stood. "You know why."