Chapter 23

She took a dress out of the wardrobe for me to try on. It was light gold with pale detailing, and it had a beaded bodice with a flowing skirt. It fit perfectly, and I turned back to face my maids.

"I like it," I said bluntly.

"Me too," sighed Cecelia dreamily.

"Took forever to make," Mary added.

"Mary!" Scolded Diana.

"What?"

"You can't just say such things!" Diana fired back.

"And why ever not?"

"Because," Diana started. "B-because it's rude!" She boiled.

"Well excuse me, Future-Princess-Lady-Elisa-Talia-Carams of Hampton, Illèa," Mary said with a deep curtsy.

We all broke into a laugh when the door opened. I turned around for my gaze to set on Aaron in his usual dress shirt and coat. He stood with a broad smile on his face and his hands were tucked behind his back.

"I'm sorry, was I interrupting, Future-Princess-Lady-Elisa-Talia-Carams of Hampton, Illèa?" He smiled.

I blushed furiously, heat coating my entire face. Mary's eyes widened in shame, and Diana almost fainted, if not for Cecelia. I stuttered to look for the correct words. "S-she didn't mean it like that," I said nervously.

He cocked an eyebrow. "Are you saying I can't take a joke?"

"No!" I said hastily, which caused him to smile bigger. I sighed in frustration. "It's only four o'clock," I whined. "It's not even dinner time."

"I said I would take you to dinner; I didn't say about what we'd do before it," he chuckled. He took his arms out from behind his back to reveal a bouquet of white peonies. "I didn't know which flowers you liked, and roses are especially predictable."

"They're lovely," I gasped. "I'll put them in water-"

"Oh come on now," he said taking my arm in his. "I'm sure Diana, Cecelia, and Mary can take care of that. Right ladies?" Aaron joked.

They all giggled in response. Cecelia took the flowers from my hands while Mary ushered us out of the door, and Diana slammed it shut. "Well, that was rude."

"It helped, didn't it? What did you want to do first?" He asked while walking the halls.

"First of all, you asked me on this date, so you should already know what to do. Second of all, I didn't even say yes to this date!"

He began to laugh. "I knew you would after I threw in my Princely charm," he joked.

"Right," I said sarcastically. "But where are we going?"

"We could watch a movie. I found one I think you might like," he said mischievously.

I eyes him suspiciously, which just caused him to laugh. We strode down the hallways until he stopped at a large black door. He pushed it open to reveal a large room with several sofas and a large, black screen.

I looked at in in awe. I had a tv screen in my home, but this was amazing. I walked in and took a seat at one of the sofas, and I sunk down in the cushion. "What are we watching?" I giggled while fixing my position in the plush couch.

He looked at me and smiled. "Legend," he said while holding up a copy of the movie.

"No way," I gasped. "That thing is ancient, is it not?"

"Before World War Three," he responded while putting a shiny circular disk in the black box. The screen flickered to life, showing brightly colored pictures. Aaron walked towards the back of the room, and I almost didn't notice because my eyes were glued to the screen. It was just previews, but it was amazing to see a film so old.

He came back and sat beside me, sinking into the couch. He had something white and yellow inside a paper bucket. "What is this?" I asked curiously.

"Popcorn," he said, as if it were obvious. "Don't you know what popcorn is?"

"No," I responded. He gaped at me.

"Eat it now," he demanded. I put one piece on my tongue, and it was amazing. It was buttery and salty, with a crunchy texture and a chewy white spots. I went back to the bucket for more.

Aaron eventually started the movie, and we stayed in silence. We were just at the part where June is on a rooftop with Day and Tess when Aaron broke the silence. "I bet I can kiss better than Day."

"I bet you can't," I snorted.

"Bet," he challenged.

He leaned down to me and tilted my chin towards him. His soft lips pressed to mine, and he kissed me passionately. I had turned on the couch to get into a better position, and suddenly we both pulled back.

We had heard the sound of a gunshot.

Lol at you guys who didn't read this the first time. And if you pre-readers spoil it, I'll delete your comments and get super mad. Please don't; this is one of my favorite cliffhangers.

Anyways, I'm sorry about the lack of publishing. The first time I wrote this story, I always made sure to have double chapters written than what was published. I was extremely ambitious, and that's why I always posted often. Now I have to publish as I write, and I'm sorry if I leave plot holes occasionally. I'll eventually go back to fix them.

Weekend is coming. That means more chapters. -Now Anon