Ricky Hauk- Your Smile

This is another TV role that Pedro did years ago in Touched By An Angel. The episode is in YouTube and the episode Stealing Hope.

I highly recommend this episode, too. Pedro is just amazing in it.

In this one shot, you've been working with Ricky for a few weeks now and you end up dating.

Ricky is having a bad day and all you want to do is see his beautiful smile.

So you decide to cheer him up with a surprise.

Just some minor swearing but that's it

....................

Ricky just walked in the door of Taco Town. He's not wearing his usual grin and you know something must be bothering him.

Poor Ricky. He hasn't had an easy time of it. His dad took off years ago and from what he's told you about his dad, he wasn't much of one to begin with.

Ricky is always helping out his mom and little brother, Joey. You've helped out Ricky a few times with his little brother and you all usually have a fun time together.

You sidle up to Ricky, gently placing a hand on his waist and snuggling closer to him.

You feel Ricky's hand on your waist as well and ooh, you wish with all your heart that you were alone.

"What's wrong?" You ask quietly, searching his face.

"Oh, my Mom was upset again this morning." Ricky's shoulders slump slightly. You raise your hand up, gently graze his shoulders.

"Can you come hang out for a few minutes after work?"

"No. I have to get right home. Geez! I just wish I could be a regular guy for a while!"

You fight against the urge to gather Ricky in your arms and just hold him.

"Get to work! Those damn tacos aren't going to make themselves!"

You move away from Ricky, your brain hatching a plan to cheer you your boyfriend.

........................

"I'm coming home with you. And no arguments!" You make a mock stern face at Ricky, who actually laughs.

You smile, glad that Ricky's actually smiling. That was actually the first thing you noticed about him, was that make you melt smile.

"All right, all right! I won't stop you." You follow him to his second hand truck and Ricky is a total gentleman and opens the door for you and you smile, thank him and climb up inside.

Ricky goes around and climbs up into the driver's seat and takes off for his house.

"I suppose your mom won't be terribly pleased to see me," you say, pulling your hair out of it's ponytail and shake out your long hair.

"She likes you," Ricky insists. "It's just that she's still struggling with the past and sometimes it just gets in the way."

"I guess. By the way, I'm taking you on a secret mission, the second you can get away."

Ricky grins and reaches over for your hand. You blush. Although you've been dating him for a while now, sometimes you still get a little embarrassed by Ricky's affection.

"That sounds great, baby." You reach Ricky's house and he parks the truck. He leans closer and gives you a gentle kiss.

"One more, please? Before we go inside?"

"Okay. Twist my arm."

...........................

Ricky is able to get away for a couple of hours the next evening. Perfect. This time, you drive, taking him to the park.

"This is your big surprise?" Ricky's dark eyes are dancing with mischief and you swat at him.

"No, genius," you say. "It's not."

You stop him and pull out a scarf to cover his eyes with. Ricky laughs as you carefully blindfold him.

"I have to admit, this is starting to get even more interesting!"

"Just you wait until you see my surprise. You're going to flip!"

You take Ricky's hand and carefully lead him over to the small, almost hidden creek that's there.

It's a beautiful, little creek and the water is crystal clear, unlike most creeks you've come across.

You have a little picnic set up under the stone bridge, right next to the creek.

You untie the blindfold and grin at Ricky, who you notice is taking everything in.

"Well? What do you think?"

"Oh, baby. This is incredible! Thanks so much!"

You sit down on the blanket and start opening all the different containers of food. Apple pie, pink lemonade, potato salad, fresh slices of watermelon and grilled cheese sandwiches.

"This is quite the spread. You really went all out."

You slide closer to Ricky and gently kiss him. He pulls you even closer and you like that.

"I wanted to cheer you up. You always work so hard, helping out your mom and little brother. You deserve a break."

"You're one of a kind, Y/N. I'm really happy we found each other."

"Me too. Although I know you would have rather stayed working at Al's car garage."

"That's life."

"I know you don't always like talking about it, but have you written down any more poems?"

"A few. I'm, you know, trying. It's not easy after what I told you."

You give Ricky a squeeze. You do know. But at least he's been trying. That's the important thing.

"I think it's great. Maybe someday you'll show me. But only if you really want to. I won't pressure you."

"I'll show you someday, Y/N. I promise."

"Cool."

.......................

After you eat, you play in the creek. Ricky is like a little kid, splashing you with the cool water and laughing.

It's great. You love nothing more than seeing Ricky's beautiful smile.

After that, you cuddle together on the blanket and just relax. You like snuggling close to Ricky, pressed up against his warm body.

Ricky gently kisses you and you smile.

"Thanks for doing this, Y/N," he murmurs.

"I'd do anything to see your smile."

Ricky laughs and kisses you again.

"Back at you."