Chapter 2

School was really not so bad after the awful first class was. But school was still school even I knew that starting today a long 2 years was ahead of me. Rolling my eyes in agony I looked down at the sheet that I still had with my classes. Free period it said in black and white ink, glancing up I wondered what I could do or about what I should be doing.

"What now?" sighing as I turned to successfully open my locker door that was given to me by the front office and reached for my tumbler that was a gift to me by one of my besties who I might never see again. At this point I truly felt alone and it was bugging the hell out of me.
"Snap out of it!" growling low I slammed the locker shut and reflexively hissed at the girl who stood grinning ear from ear behind it.
"Why you look like you need a little help!" she exclaimed giggling with amber eyes shining brightly and black curls bouncing. I really considered saying I was totally fine but who was I kidding not me and certainly not her.
"Actually I do, I.... My schedule says that I have a free period for third and I don't really quite know what the hell I should be doing."
"Oh yeah I totes get it." she reached for her phone along with a pen and grabbed my class sheet and started writing on it.
"Alrighty then!" handing back the sheet I looked down in confusion. On it it read May Catina in a cutesy way, I raised an eyebrow in question.
"That's my number so contact me anytime even to just chat."
"I will do that thanks" smiling I folded it up to put it in my back pocket.
"You know what, you should hang with me for free period ill tell you all about it over some snacks."
"Sure lead the way." As we walked she explained were all the grades would gather. and handed me a bag of chocolate covered pretzels also my to die for snacks, I'd kill someone over these.
"That way is usually where all the freshmen gather and do their thing and right across here is where the sophomores hang out." heading in the elevator she clicked the second floor button.
"So why are the lockers on the first floor and not on the second floor where our classes are?" I wondered what the point was.
"Oh that I completely forgot! Ugh So everyone's locker is on the first floor just for it being convenient for switching out class books and stuff during the free periods that's way we have 3 free periods and 8 classes." She said absently as the elevator door opened with a ding.
"Ah okay I still think its weird but I guess that makes sense." Laughing I shifted my shoulder bag to a better position as we we went on to walk down the hall.
"Yeah I know what you mean." she glanced at her phone when it chimed and her eyes widened.

Apparently she wasn't in shock I noticed as she replied back with a light silly laugh instead of being something urgent like I had thought.
"Whats up? You got something important to get to?"
"Oh no girl, no we got somewhere to get to." Grabbing my hand she started to walk a little faster.
"What do you mean we?" speeding up I almost dropped my phone in the process but luckily I saved it from certain death.
"Sorry" She said apologetically,
"That was Fitz my hunk of a boyfriend and we were invited to go hang out with him and some of our friends so your coming with, you just have to." On an after thought she continued speaking. and I thought I heard that name somewhere but I just couldn't put my thoughts on it when I was focused on what May was saying.
"Us juniors as you may already know are on the middle floor and our free period room is on the other side of the cafe and cafeteria over there and that's where we are heading, and finally the seniors are located on the top floor where their classes and their free period hang out is a lot larger than ours." she stopped and turned toward me and gushed,
"And of course each area is so huge you could consider it as a whole building made up of about eight rooms inside exclusively for that grade and within that area, are what you could call themed rooms!" She continued,
"Isn't that cool and this only applies to our school just to make up for it being in such a small town. Our school is the best."
"Especially our cheerleading squad the Gym Cats." she added and I could agree it actually sounded amazing.
"I'd like to check out that cafe sometime later too." I said when we passed by the cafe in question and was also amazed at how the cafeteria was so huge it could have been the size of a football field and the bleachers combined.
"I'm sure you will get a chance to the coffees are to die for and to boot its ran by the students that take the business classes so you get a little bit of cash if you do choose that as one on your three extra classes" she explained a little bit further.