Declaration

"Abigail!" Y/n smiled, approaching the blonde who was wearing a dark blue dress with matching shawl.

"Y/n! So happy you could make it! Your dress is absolutely stunning."

"Oh, thank you. Figured it was a good time to wear it. I love yours, too!"

"You're too kind, truly," Abigail let out a light laugh. "Feel free to look around, talk to people, just... enjoy. If youneed anything, I'll be around."

"Thank you very much, and thank you again for inviting me."

"No worries!"

Y/n nodded slightly. "If you'll excuse me, please."

"Of course." Y/n walked away, sighing to herself and looking down.

"You alright?" Riley asked.

"Forgot how awful I am at interacting with people. How does Ben do it? She grabbed a glass of champagne from one of the trays, taking a sip. "I mean, he can go anywhere and talk to someone about anything."

"I just have a way with people, Y/n. Trust me, it takes practice," Ben told her.

"I know, but still. I'm not good at talking to people."

"We'll work on it."

"For you," they heard Ben's voice. Y/n looked over, seeing him hand a glass to Abigail.

"Oh, Mr. Brown."

"Dr. Chase."

"What are you doing here?"

"Is that that hot girl?" Y/n slightly rolled her eyes at his statement, turning away from Ben and Abigail. She shook her head, thoughts running through her head at a thousand miles a minute. "How does she look?"

"Does it matter, Riley? Stick to the plan. How she looks doesn't matter," Y/n whispered.

"I made a last-minute donation. Pretty big one."

"Well, on that subject, thank you for your wonderful gift."

Y/n's phone rang, so she pulled it out of her small bag, seeing an unknown number. She gently pulled the earbud out, placing it in her bag, walking to a quieter part of the building, answering the call.

"Hello?"

"Y/n. How are you?"

"Ian," she said bluntly. "What do you want?"

"I know Ben is going to try and keep the map away from me. I want you to keep him away."

"And why would I do that, Howe? You don't scare me."

"You keep him away... we will leave you alone. Not bother you again."

Y/n bit her tongue, her stomach churning. "No deal, Howe. Good luck getting that document. You hurt any one of us, I will personally see to it that your skin will know what it's like to be barbecue." She hung up the call, replacing the earbud and walking back to the party. "Guys, we have a problem."

"What's wrong?" Riley questioned.

"Ian knows we're after the map. I think he's here. Ben, you have to hurry."

"Just got her fingerprints, go wait in the van, I'll be out soon, I promise."

"Please be careful," Y/n stated, swiftly making her way towards the exit.

"Y/n? Where are you going?"

"Abigail! Sorry, I forgot. I promised my parents I'd help them pack for their flight in the morning, and they can't find their passports. I have to go help them. I'm really sorry," Y/n explained.