tfw

This morning, Jungwon woke up as he usually would. Well, today, they had a day off so all of them could rest in the warmth of the dorms.

A cough escaped his lips as he stretched his limbs. The winter has been pretty rough lately and enhypen's members, especially their maknae, decided it would be a great idea to keep the dorms temperature at 25°C (77°F), something Jungwon didn't really agree with in the first place but he didn't really mind sleeping in this warmth if it meant the others felt comfortable.

Nonetheless, he still disliked the fact that it was so hot in here; the air was dry, and he sometimes couldn't sleep well at night because of that. He also felt dehydrated when he woke up, and his nose was often blocked because of how hot it was; he even happened to wake up with a nosebleed multiple times.

But none of that could kill him, so he just went with it and tried to accommodate the high temperature.

He takes a cold shower, getting rid of the sweat, and goes downstairs to get his morning beverage.

He's not usually hungry this early in the morning, and today was no exception, so he quietly went to the kitchen to make himself a latte. He then heads to the living room, puts some music on the tv, and starts scrolling on his phone while laying on the couch.

After a while, Riki woke up and joined his hyung on the couch, snuggling next to him with a blanket. They briefly greeted each other and started a conversation.

– How aren't you cold, hyung?

– It's about 30°C in here. I should be the one to ask how come you are cold, actually.

– I dont know, it's not that I'm cold, but I really enjoy the warmth and comfort both you and my blanket provide me. Niki said, smiling brightly.

Jungwon smiled back, and his eyes went back to his phone while the maknae was starting to doze off.

The others started waking up one by one, and Jungwon was progressively feeling hotter.

In an uncomfortable way.

The maknae's warm body snuggled against his, in addition with the thick blanket didn't mix well for him.

He lighly nudged the sleeping boy, but the maknae remained asleep, only shifting a bit. Riki ended up wrapping his arms around Jungwon, keeping him close.

Jake giggled a bit, shaking Niki a little bit more harsher than Jungwon did, and the boy immediately woke up.

Jungwon discreetly sighed and fanned his face before getting up to fetch some water and get rid of the cup he used this morning.

But as soon as he got up, he felt a light pressure in his head, and his ears started buzzing faintly.

He closed his eyes and sat back down way harder than he had expected as his legs gave out.

The small chatter stopped, everyone's attention now on the leader as the light atmosphere abruptly tensed up.

– Are you okay? Heeseung asked, his eyebrows a little bit furrowed.

– Yeah, I think I got up too fast, got a little lightheaded. Jungwon started.

– Don't worry, hyung, I'd tell you immediately if I was feeling sick. He added when he met the suspicious gaze of his hyung.

Jungwon didn't like to make his hyungs worry about him, but he knew it was better to tell the truth when it was about health. That's what he wants his members to do so he must as well respect this 'rule'.

– Be careful, hyung. Riki said, worry clear in his tone.

Jungwon just smiled and stood up again, but this time, he made sure to do it slower so he didn't feel woozy again.

– I'll go grab something to drink. Anyone want me to get anything from the kitchen? The leader asked, changing the topic to lighten the mood.

– Nah, I'm alright. I'll just wait for Jay hyung to be done with cooking. Sunghoon said, his eyes glued on the tv.

Jungwon didn't notice it first, but the scent of freshly cooked rice invaded the living room.

He was starting to feel hungry too.

– Wonniieee, could you get me something to drink please, it's pretty hot in here, could as well die from dehydration. Sunoo asked, acting as though he was dying.

– Yeah of course, iced tea ?

– Yup. Sunoo smiled.

On his way to the kitchen, Jungwon progressively started to feel faint.

His heart was hammering his ribcage, and the buzzing in his ear was a tad bit louder than it was earlier.

He crouched to the ground, afraid he would hurt himself if he actually fainted.

The air was hot.

It didn't feel right.

He was feeling like he wasn't breathing properly as beads of sweat quickly formed on his forehead.

Jay exited the kitchen at that moment, nearly tripping upon Jungwon's crouched body on his way to the living room.

– Hey Wonnie, are you okay? He asked worriedly.

– Hyung. He whispered in a shaky way.

Jay immediately knew something was wrong.

– I don't feel good, it's too hot in here. I think I'm gonna faint. Jungwon said hurriedly, his eyes closed as he took slow, deep breaths in order to try and calm his pounding heart.

Jay didn't hesitate one second. He gently took Jungwon's arm and helped him on his feet.

– I'll guide you outside, come on Wonnie. He said in a soft tone.

They slowly walked to the kitchen, where the glass garden's door stood.

– One last effort Jungwon-ah. Jay said when he felt that his dongsaeng shifted more of his weight on him.

– Come on, don't faint on me buddy. He worriedly said as he put the curtain aside and unlocked the door.

They immediately sat on the doorstep, Jungwon's face hidden in Jay's neck as he was taking deep breaths of the cool air.

After a few minutes of his dongsaeng just breathing deeply, Jay's worried voice broke the silence.

– Are you okay? He asked, trying to see the boys face.

– Yeah, I'm feeling better, thank you hyung. The youngest said slowly, his eyes still closed as the cold air kept hitting both of their faces.

– Jungwon, did you actually die in the kitchen? I'm so dehydrated I'm going dry and- heyy, are you alright ? Sunoo asked worriedly after seeing his dongsaeng snuggled in Jay's arms, both of them sitting in the doorstep.

A shiver ran down his spine as the cold air hit his body.

– He felt lightheaded, he said he was feeling hot.

– Yeah, it's pretty hot in here, maybe we should put the thermostat lower, like 20°C (68°F) or something like that, this must be hot enough to keep everyone warm but not too much.

– Yeah, I think that would be better. Jungwon has already told us he can't stand high temperatures, I don't like it either, it makes my throat dry at night. Sunoo just nodded, understanding.

– Here, have a sip. Sunoo said, handing some water to Jungwon.

– Thanks. He said as he drinked it all in one gulp.

– I'll cool off the place a little, then let's get back inside and eat.

– I'll stay with him for a bit.

– Thank you hyungs.

They just smiled at him, and Jay hugged him tighter.

___________________________

hiii here is starting my new sickfic book with this OS!

i hope you liked it and there aren't too many mistakes

requests are open, of course but as you already know, i don't have any schedule so updates may take some time c;

(it's about 1,2k words)