Lawn Boy | Luztoye

George hummed as he made breakfast for him and his grandma. He hummed to the Mamma Mia sound track playing softly in the background. He flipped a pancake then jumped as the doorbell ringed.

"Grandma are you expecting anybody?" George peaked his head out into the dinning room where his grandma read the newspaper.

"Oh it's just the lawn boy. He's nice go tell him just the lawn needs to be mowed today." She smiled.

"Okay, I'll also have breakfast done soon." He smiled and jogged over to the double doors and opened one.

"Uhm hi, is Ms. Luz here?" A tall muscular man that looked about George's age asked.

"Im her grandson. She just said just the lawn needed to be mowed." George smiled and leaned against the door frame.

"Okay," the tall man nodded and walked off. George blushed and shut the door. Returning to the kitchen to finish breakfast.

~The following summer~

"Why don't you go give him his money and invite him in for iced tea." Ms. Luz smiled and put the $50 in George's hand.

"Okay grandma," he blushed and looked down. She had picked up that her grandson had feelings for Joe. George hummed as he walked outside to find Joe, shirtless. Sitting on the edge of the fountain. "Hey Joe, grandma said that you should come in for some iced tea but no pressure." He fidgeted with the cash in his hand then handed it to Joe.

"Sure I'll come in," Joe smiled and picked up his shirt before following George inside. George hummed another show tune to himself as he walked to the back door. He opened it and held it for Joe. He thanked him and George followed him in. How could one man be so beautiful. Joe slid his shirt back on and Ms. Luz came out with a tray with a pitcher of iced tea and some glasses.

"Oh thank you Joe you do such a good job taking care of the lawn." She smiled and set the tray down before giving him a hug.

"Of course," he nodded and had a seat at the table.

"So you've got to meet my grandson George." She started pouring everyone glasses.

"Yeah a few times now," George interjected and tried to not make eye contact with Joe. George's cheeks heated up slightly embarrassed.

"Do you guys go to the same school?" She sat back in the chair and took a sip.

"I don't think we do?" Joe glanced at George.

"Uhm I don't think so. I go to West Creek." George hummed into his tea.

"No, I go to Central," Joe nodded.

"We'll you two should be friends" Ms Luz smiled and got up leaving the two at the table.

    George sat at the side of the pool and put his feet in as Joe cleaned it.

"Well doing that is destroying the point of me cleaning the pool." Joe smiled looking down at the dark haired boy he was pinning for.

"My feet are clean Joe," George winked and splashed him.

"Hey hey! Stop that," Joe giggled and nudged George with the pool net.

"If you push me in to the pool you might lose your job." George laughed and crossed his arms putting on a smug smirk. George was head over heels for this man.
Joe continued silently as he scooped out leafs and other things that fell in.

"So, when did you start cleaning for Grandma Luz?" George asked out of the random swishing his feet in the clear water.

"I think like three or four years ago. She posted an ad on that neighborhood app that only moms use. So I took it, started by just mowing and cleaning the pool. Then it turned into raking, edging, and shoveling during the winter." Joe shrugged.