Chapter 8: Rolling in the Deep

"Prepped for the ride? It's gonna be some long hours, Tan!"

I grinned, turning to see Perry as he got out of the car that dropped him off. He was giving me a hug when Marcus came down from the tour bus, to Perry's surprise.

"I thought you guys went ahead on a plane?" Perry said to Marcus as they bumped fists. I saw what I would have ruined if I had decided to date Perry. It was too risky; they were too much like brothers to go in between them.

All the other boys decided to take the tour bus to Sheffield, the next stop of zeitgeist, when Marcus said he'd take it instead of the plane. I told him he didn't have to endure more than three hours in a bus, but he wouldn't hear any protests.

"Besides, I get to bunk with you. We're sharing with Laurence and Tom," he said, and I just slowly nodded, thinking of all the girls who would have loved to trade places with me. Bunking with three Gezellig members wasn't so bad.

Marcus bumped shoulders with me, replying, "I couldn't leave her."

Perry shook his head, a wide grin on his face. "Didn't know you guys got joined at the hip the past week. The pictures of you guys everywhere!" He made a gagging sound, which earned him a shove from Marcus.

"Get in." Marcus pushed him into the tour bus, and Perry just laughed at him, because he had this wishy-washy smile on his face.

We were on day three of zeitgeist World Tour, and it had been crazy as hell. Their first few days at O2 Arena were all jam-packed with screaming fans. Part of me was thankful that the tour had started—it gave the fans something else to talk about aside from me and Marcus. It was either they get tired of giving me grief for being with Marcus or my vacation would end. I hoped it was the first one, because it actually sucked getting hate from Gezers, especially when you consider yourself as one. Somehow, I finally understood Marcus during his off days and he would 'listen' to his haters—you know they hate you, but you didn't know why, and it sucked not knowing without engaging them.

On the flipside, it meant that Marcus was back to being busy. Interviews, soundchecks, rehearsals, two shows a day. Just a day in the life of a Gezellig member.

"Caitlin!" I heard Issa shout.

I welcomed her tight hug, while Marcus picked up Gi, who totted behind her mom. Issa gave Marcus a peck on the cheek, and he disappeared into the bus, carrying Gi and their things.

"You," she said, poking me in the ribs, a sly smile on her face. "What in the world is going on?"

"What?" I asked, feigning ignorance. In the couple of times I met the crew of Gezellig, I had gotten close to Issa Renner, the band's hair stylist and makeup artist. She was this reed-thin lady with long, wiry now-purple hair with perfect makeup all the time.

"You and Marcus—"

"All the others have been asking," I cut in. "Me and Marcus are best friends."

"Oh honey," she said softly, patting my cheek in a very motherly manner, "I think both of you are the only ones who are saying that. We see otherwise."

"Sure," I said, just to finish the conversation, and when I pulled her up the bus, she said, "I have the perfect haircut for you. So you'd look rad in photos with Marcus! Not that you're not fab as you are, but—"

I laughed. "I'd like to hear about the haircut, but I'd do it for myself and not for the paparazzi, thank you."

"Great!" she said, excitement in her voice. "Marcus has Gi, so we can start your haircut—"

"Wait, we're doing it now?"

"Yes, now!"

We passed by the lounge and the kitchen of the bus, all outfitted in black, white, and silver on our way up to the second level, where it was all red and black that it would take a while before your eyes would adjust. It was the bunk level—sixteen bunks, a couple of restrooms, and a mini-lounge. There were four sections, each with four bunks, and Issa's bunk was at the far end of the bus, where she was bunking with the other stylists and tour mom, Lani Smith.