eleven.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐡𝐞𝐲, 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐡𝐞𝐲, 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫.
𝐠𝐨, 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫.

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

PRESENT DAY

PRESENT DAY

The cool summer breeze whippedpast her face as the sisters traveled around Grosvenor Square. The people ofThe Ton stopped, gasped, and pointed as their open carriage passed by becausethey were either: a.) marveling at the new marchioness or b.) dumbfounded thatthe graceful Marchioness of Donegall and the plain Bridgerton governess wererelated. At one point, Augusta had caught sight of Cressida Cowper and herfriends whispering among themselves with the Cowper girl throwing her adisdainful look.

Augusta had barely uttered a sentence when she got in the carriage with her sister except for the curt greeting and a snicker of smugness when Alice had informed her that Madame Dugray had quit. Her little sister decided it was better to appear that they were distant instead of bickering the whole way to the modiste because God knows how thunderous Augusta's voice can get when she is provoked.

Augusta encountered a gentleman with narrow brown eyes and jet black hair slicked neatly. He threw a very conceited wink to her direction as he tipped his top hat in greeting. Scowling at Lord Wetherby, Augusta immediately looked the other way, her nose up high.

Unbeknownst to her, the earl had ran after the carriage. Once he was close enough, he stepped foot onto the back step, emitting a shocked squeal from Alice and a look of disbelief from Augusta. "Do you wish death upon yourself?!" She exclaimed.

"That wish comes and goes." Lord Wetherby replied, a mischievous smile falling on his lips. "Living is such an arduous task."

She scowled at him. "If you yearn to die a juvenile, then I can certainly help!"

The carriage halted to an abrupt stop, Augusta clumsily falling back onto her seat as her younger sister looked behind her and gawked at the gentleman. "Your name, sir?"