Chapter 3

"I'm home," Shouta shouts, not really knowing if his husband had remembered to put his hearing aids in when he woke up. Hizashi can sometimes be forgetful like that when he's woken up from a deep sleep.

Right on cue, the loud blonde comes around the corner from the kitchen. "What happened?" is the first words out of his mouth. Hizashi sees the green haired boy standing slightly behind Shouta and tries to give him a reassuring smile. If it weren't for the determined look on his husband's face, Hizashi's smile might have been more reassuring, but he has a bad feeling that he knows what the look on Shouta's face is about.

"Let's settle him in before getting into that," Shouta says giving Hizashi a look that tells him it's definitely not a good idea to talk about what happened in front of the boy. Shouta gestures between Hizashi and Izuku as he introduces them to each other. "Hizashi, this is Izuku. Izuku, this is my husband Hizashi. If his name makes you feel uncomfortable, you're more than welcome to just call him Mic."

Hizashi gives Shouta a questioning glance that was rewarded with a quick hand sign of "later." Meanwhile, Izuku is finally connecting the face to the name of another Pro Hero after being told he can call Hizashi Mic. It intrigues him that the quiet and low key underground hero, Eraser Head, would end up married to one of the heroes most in the spotlight, Present Mic.

"I made some ramen in case our guest was hungry," Mic once again tries to give Izuku a reassuring smile, but this time it's hard to do because he wonders why his name would make the boy uncomfortable. Does it have something to do with why he's here.

Izuku simply shrugs in response. He doesn't really feel hungry, but he knows that he can't let himself go without food, not if he wants to get stronger so that he can one day become a hero.

Trying to continue keeping an eye on the boy, Shouta leads Izuku to the kitchen and sits with him at the table as Hizashi dishes out three bowls of ramen since he knows that Shouta hasn't eaten yet, and his own nap accidentally lasted all the way past dinner time.

"Sometimes, you're a bad influence on me, Shouta." The blonde gives his husband a look that tells him he's joking. All Hizashi wants to do is lighten the mood a bit seeing the gloomy look on both his husband's face and that of Izuku. "I took a nap after lunch, and didn't wake up until you called."

A light chuckle is drawn out of the dark haired man. "If you hadn't stayed awake all night last night, you wouldn't have napped so long."

The table lapses into silence as everyone eats their food, the two adults taking far less time than the disheartened boy eating with them. Once they're done eating, Hizashi starts signing to his husband.

Why would my name make him uncomfortable? Hizashi asks. Even though there are plenty more important questions, that's the one pressing on his heart the most as he glances over at the green haired boy who's still slowly picking at his food.

His father killed his mother tonight, and the man's name is Hisashi. Shouta signs it all slowly. Although he's been signing since his high school days after he learned that Hizashi was slowly losing his hearing due to his own quirk, sometimes, when his nerves are especially rattled, it becomes more difficult for him form the signs.

Now it makes sense to Hizashi. His name is far too similar to the person who completely destroyed this boy's entire world. You're not thinking of what I think you are, are you?

The question doesn't truly surprise Shouta. He's asked every single time that a child has been brought into their home to foster. It happens far more often than the hero couple would like. Sometimes, the child is abused by both parents, other times, the child lost both parents in a villain fight, but more often than not, the situation is similar to Izuku's. Hizashi, this one is different.