Ch 12: ELEVEN

RPOV
Sonya agreed to read chapter eleven to try and keep those not in the know out of the loop. Plenty of people in the room knew what was going on, but for the kids' sakes order needed to be kept until or if something went wrong and the room was breached.

"Lissa was up and gone before I even stirred the next morning, which meant I had the bathroom to myself while I got ready for the day." Sonya started and silence surrounded the room.

The guardians, the weaponised Belikova's, and the knowing Moroi were stiff and tense, on guard and alert, those Moroi who knew and had trained with their power were just as ready to protect as the guardians. Even Tasha had somehow caught on to what was happening. I could see Sydney knew something was off but had no clue what. Lissa, Christian, Mia, Abe, Dimitri and I had all subtly changed our seating plan so the more vulnerable could be protected more easily. Even the Belikovas had done so slightly.

So, in the ring of chairs and sofas, we had the Moroi, Alchemist, children and pregnant women closer towards the back of the room, but not so far back that a protective circle couldn't be created. Closest to the door sat Lionel on the stool that had been brought in earlier and he had shifted just before the reading had restarted. To his left was Mom, who had Abe sitting on her left, sharing a love seat and putting yesterday's animosity on hold for more important matters. On Abe's left, in the three-seater lounge directly opposite the love seat Dimitri and I were sharing, sat Eddie, then Jill, then Karo with Paul on her lap. In the love seat to her left sat Adrian, then Sydney. In the single seater next to them was Yeva with Zoya on her lap. On the love seat next to them and diagonally opposite Mom and Abe, were Mama and Sonya, with Nadi in her basinet on the floor in between their feet. Next came the love seat Dimitri and I were sharing with Lissa and Christian. I was sitting on Dimitri's lap, Christian was to our right with Lissa on his lap. That way they were sandwiched between Belikov/Belikova guardians (promised or not, they were taking up the fight because most of the Moroi in this room was my family in some way or another, and my family was theirs, and they protected their loved ones). Tasha sat in the single seater on my left. Alberta rounded-off the group.

I had to admit, it was a very strategic layout... if it weren't for the fact it still left Moroi vulnerable, regardless of wether or not they used their power offensively. I wasn't so sure of Abe's powers, but it wouldn't surprise me if he knew how to use earth magic offensively. I knew Jill had come a long way and was a dedicated pupil of Christian's. Mia was a pioneering water user and I'm pretty sure they (Mia and Jill) had been training in the breaks we'd taken over the past few days. If that magic was mainstream and the guardians knew how to plan around and with it then this seating arrangement might feel more natural and comfortable, more ordinary and workable. I would feel more calm if I could fight, though I knowing I was weaponised was helping me settle... as was the fact that I wouldn't risk my unborn H-B baby. I wasn't one for believing in miracles but this was one I couldn't deny regardless of a logical, spirit-related explanation or not. I wouldn't lose Dimitri's baby, let alone both him and his baby, our baby, it would tear me up no matter how scared and insecure I felt about becoming a teen Mom on top of a teen wife.

"... For half a second, I toyed with the idea of turning her in. Immediately, I dismissed the notion. I might hate her for making moves on Dimitri, but part of me sort of believed in what she and Christian were doing. Plus, it was just cool." I heard when I refocused.

"You were more reasonable and in control than I assumed," murmured a sullen Dimitri in my ear.
"That's because it felt worse around you, harsher, it cut deeper. Even more so knowing you'd withheld the info from me that there may be even the slightest chance of you walking away. It's harsh but true that it felt like a slap in the face every time I saw you. I wanted you to feel the pain I had felt. Without you around, she was innocent in my eyes... sorta. Without you around, I could see more clearly, think more objectively. 'Cause seriously, who wouldn't want my Dimitri?"
"Oh, I'm yours alright," agreed Dimitri in a lust-laced whisper. "I'm so yours, and always have been."
"Guys! Pay attention!" interrupted Christian and Eddie.