[Prologue]Cold...

[If you read the trailer in my trailer book you can skip this. Nothings changed.]

In an Atlas hospital one of the most beautiful things is taking place. The miracle of life. Willow held onto her dear husbands hand with a heavy grip as the doctor helped deliver her children. Eventually their first child was delivered. She began crying almost immediately as she was handed over to a nurse to clean her off. The next child was soon delivered but he was different. He didn't cry and had an odd scar like birthmark. The doctor paid it no mind as in a world like Remnant an odd child or two is to be expected.

The twins are then handed over to Willow wrapped in little towels. She looked to her children and was moved to tears by her love for them. That day Y/n and Weiss Schnee were born. It was one of the happiest days in her life. The twins grew up together rather normally for a Schnee. At least, Weiss did.

Even amongst the Schnee he was a cold individual. Not in the sense that he was rude but it was as if layers of ice stood between him and anyone who tries to talk to him. He rarely talked to anyone, often preferring to read or train. Besides Weiss and oddly enough Jacques he seemed to actively avoid interaction. Not to mention how he's always found in some of the hardest to reach places.

Around the twins seventh birthdays it was found out that Y/n had access to his semblance surprisingly early when he used it to stop adults from coming up to him while he was reading. This reveal had greatly pleased Jacques and when the boy expressed his desire to become a huntsman he acquired several tutors to help push him along his goal. The rest of the family was in shock at this because as far as they were aware Y/n just didn't have cares. He kinda just was around.

Y/n being seen as a prodigy had actually hurt Weiss in some ways. Do to his constant studying and training the two siblings that were once nearly inseparable only ever saw each other when Weiss would sing or when they'd go to bed as they shared a room. It seemed to have no effect on the boy though. He just had no emotions it seemed.

One day, Weiss had come to the realization that Father was in it for himself and nothing else. So, wanting to escape she found herself asking Father to let her become a huntress and go to Beacon. To her shock Y/n had also requested to go to Beacon. Jacques, being who he was, denied Weiss but gave Y/n the go ahead. Y/n looked between the two and requested that Jacques accept Weiss' request.

He then spoke for much longer than he ever has to persuade the man. Said man had given in and allowed Weiss one chance to prove herself in a trial. The two left Jacques' office. Y/n as emotionless as ever just began to walk away but was hugged by his sister and thanked for helping her. He just pat her head and walked off.

The day after she had her trial and even a concert right after. She sang as Y/n played the piano. As they played memories of her trial flashed through Weiss' mind.

[0:00-3:02] [I'd love to write this myself but holy hell that'd be hard to do at my skill level hahaha]

Weiss finished and for a second she had forgotten where she was but was reminded by the clapping and cheers of the audience. She turned for a second to look to her brother and was once more shocked. Sitting at the piano the emotionless boy was silently crying.

A small time later the two were in the middle of packing for Beacon when Weiss brought it up. He froze on the spot and with real genuine emotion in his voice for the first time answered her.

"I understand..."

Not a word was said between the two. They shared a peaceful silence as they packed before Weiss brought him into a hug.

"Despite your oddities... You're the best brother I could've asked for."

Y/n exhaled in amusement and gave her a pat on the head before leaving the room.

So began the next chapter in their story. Next stop. Beacon...