cookies and cream

"Two cookies and cream please."

Uraraka and Bakugo sat across from each other looking absolutely glamorous in the retro ice-cream parlor.

"Coming right up...", the male said walking away in awe.

Guess it was rare to see such big upcoming heroes in beautiful clothes in a small ice-cream shop. Weird.

"Are you sure this is alright with you?", he asked. "When I said I'd take you here, I meant...not now. Like midday when it's not 25 friggen degrees."

"It's never to cold for milkshakes. Or ice-cream. That's a rule."

"I'll write that down.", he said shaking his head. "We are dating now. Guess I should take notes."

She giggled and shrunk a little.

"Yeah...yeah we are."

She was silent for a couple of moments, so Bakugo moved to the opposite side of the booth and held her hand. She blushed and looked away.

"What's wrong?", he asked.

"Nothings' wrong!", she said with a small smile. "I'm very happy right now... it's just very new."

"That's a good thing though, right?"

"Yes! Of course. I-I just didn't think...it would get this far."

Bakugo squinted his eyes clearly not getting at where she was getting at. She laughed and put her head on his shoulder.

"I just mean that, if I were to like someone, I didn't think I'd ever get to date them. I didn't have a problem with liking someone from afar, but...here you are. Usually it pushes me away, but I don't feel like that now. I just never thought you'd like me back."

He kissed her forehead and rubbed her knuckles.

"How could I not?"

She looked down and smiled and gave a little hip dance.

"Were you jealous?", Bakugo snickered sipping on his milkshake.

"Me? About the girl?! Of course not! Why-why would I be.", she squirmed.

"If you insist. Though I didn't specify what I was referring to, but alright."

Uraraka turned a soft shade of pink and gave Bakugo two small fist punches.

"Can I ask when you started to liked me? I had no idea. Either I'm dense or you never wanted me to find out."

"I think it's a little of both.", he snorted.

"Heyy!", she murmured elbowing him. "Seriously?"

"If you want honesty. I liked you since our 3rd year."

"You're joking. You have to be."

"If only.", he said rolling his eyes.

"Well-oh, thank you!", she stammered to the waiter as the milkshakes arrived. "I swore you hated me. You never talked to me."

"I thought avoiding you would be best for me. I always did what I thought was best for me. Guess it just wasn't this time."

"Aw.", she chuckled. "That's kinda romantic in like a weird way."

"Do you even really like me?", he asked quietly. "I hope it's not out of pity."

"Oh, Bakugo. Of course not, are you kidding me? You really think I'd do that?"

"No, round face. I don't.", he smiled softly. "I just...never thought you'd like me back."

"Good to know we're already on the same page.", she laughed sipping her milkshake.