32.

TW: SELF HARM
These past few weeks I'd been hanging out with Valerie and Ace a lot, always at their house. I didn't talk that much to Tyler and Kayla, they always wanted to hang out alone so I didn't even bother.

I really started liking Ace a lot, we flirted most of the time. I was hoping that he would ask me out first, but I didn't expect too much either.

I had been getting much closer with Mrs. Miller, we baked and did things together quite a lot. She was so sweet and like a mother to me, like the mother I never had.

Even though I wasn't on the best terms with Kayla, I was still grateful for everything that her and her family was doing to me. I still didn't keep contact with my mother and I weekly visited Vincent.

I walked over to Ace and his locker as I leaned up against it, feeling very confident that day.
"Do you have plans this week?" I asked, he stayed silent for a while and then nodded.

"Yeah I'm going out with my dad sometime, I'm pretty sure the only day I'm busy is Sunday." Ace explained to me, I nodded with a smile on my lips.

"Oh no, I know that smile." He said, pointing at my lips, I laughed a little.
"What's going on?" Ace asked me with the most suspicious face.

"Do you wanna go out on Saturday?" I asked him.

"Go out? Like hang out?" He questioned, I shook my head and sighed.

"Like go out on a date." I made myself even more clear, Ace's eyes widened as his face became a dark red shade.

"Yeah, yeah sure!" He excitedly yelled out, I smiled and wrapped my arms around him. I felt his warm hands around my waist as I hugged even tighter.

"Where are we going, somewhere fancy or?" He asked, I shrugged.
"You'll see."

"Okay, okay great."

"Yeah, great." I repeated after him, feeling my heart glow of happiness I'd never felt before.

"I have to go to classes now."

"Me too." I said, we both laughed awkwardly and waved goodbye.

As I attended my classes, went to lunch, nothing interesting happened.

When school was over and I finally got to get away from hell, the first thing I did was running to Mrs. Miller in the living room, she was sitting with a laptop on her lap.

"Mom! I took your advice!" I yelled, she looked confused at me.

"I asked him out!" I said, wrapping my arms around her. She hugged me back and gave my head a kiss.

"I told you it would work, darling." Mrs. Miller moved my hair to the sides and smiled.
"Who wouldn't want to date such a beautiful young woman like you?" She whispered to me, I smiled.

"Thank you, for everything."

Kayla came storming down the stairs, looking so devastated.
"Why the fuck are you calling her mom? She's my mom! Not yours!" Kayla yelled in my face, I got out of Mrs. Miller's hands and stood up, facing Kayla.

"It was an accident, I just accidentally—"

"Accidentally my ass! I let you live here and now you think you're a part of the family? You're my best friend! Not my sister!"

"Veronica, go upstairs to your room, I'll talk with Miss angry over here." Kayla's mom told me, I sighed and walked upstairs. I closed the door behind me, accidentally slamming it.

I took one of the pillows, put my face down in it and started screaming all of my anger out. The way Kayla reacted was pathetic, she was pathetic at this moment. I laid down beside the pillow on the bed and took deep breaths, while my throat hurting.

I couldn't tell if I was angry or sad.

Mason : are you okay?

Mason : what happened?

Mason : stop ignoring my messages.

Fuck you, that was all I had to say. Everyone made me exhausted of trying to make them happy constantly. I got up and pulled my pants off, too much anxiety roaming through my body.

I looked at my thighs as I started scratching them, making it hurt more and more. It felt good to get my frustrations out, until the door opened.

"What are you doing?" Mason asked, I immediately pulled the covers over my naked legs.

"Get out." I demanded, sitting up.

"What were you doing?" He continued asking.

"Just get out!" I yelled, Mason shook his head and came closer. I moved away, almost sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I'm going to ask once again, what were you doing?"

"I'm so sick of always forgiving you everything you do something messed up, get the fuck out, now." I looked straight into his eyes, they darkened.

"Don't act like you hate me just because he does." He came closer and whispered in my ear.

I gulped.

"As long as you are my brother's enemy, you are mine as well."

He was so scary, especially when his eyes were darkened like that. But I could sense more if I looked closer.

"You can't say no to me, you've proved that more than once." He smirked, I rolled my eyes.

"Fuck you." I spat, he clenched his jaw and walked over to the door.

"Have fun crying or whatever." Mason said, opening the door.

"I hope you fucking drown to death." I mumbled to myself, he seemed to hear it as he rolled his eyes and closed it behind me. I looked down at my scratched thighs and immediately started regretting it.

Mason : remember when I told you that I knew you weren't a virgin? Kayla had told Xavier's sister about the things you also told her. Kayla isn't as innocent as she acts like she is.

That fucking bitch.

Now it was official to say, I was going to plan fucking murder.

Me : What more did she tell you?

Mason : trust me, you aren't going to like that
one.
_____________________________