Chapter One, Falling Apart

Hiya!

This is chapter one, and I hope you enjoy it. It is gonna be a little short, and it's mostly unedited for now. If anyone likes this I will edit it if suggested.

Our favorite LU boys will come in in chapter three and I'm excited for the chaos.

I would definitely appreciate comments and stuff, yk

I just wanted to write something that was lu.

Anywho, have fun reading

Edit: I changed some names because I was unhappy with both of them being named Link.

Edit, part two: I changed the point of view and some of the story

‌ ‌  ▲

▲‌ ▲

I know I'm already dead.

The heroes never last long.

Hylia doesn't truly care about our wellbeing.

She probably doesn't even know I survived.

And to be fair, I shouldn't have.

I haven't had the chance to save her, I whisked away before I could be sure she was safe.

All I know is that he died for my mistakes.

That's all I ever seem to do.

Sure, I'm the hero; I just seem to stand behind others as they risk it all to save me.

The guilt of their fates pool in my stomach, muddling my thoughts.

I can't think straight.

Rational thought is nothing more than a distant memory.

I still have dreams that it's all ok.

Will it be ok?

Am I still alive?

   ▲

▲‌ ▲

There wasn't a single cloud in the sky. There was a light breeze and the sun was close to setting. A few stars had started to come out of hiding, and on a normal day Link would have loved to stargaze for hours before being dragged home by one of her friends. In the villages, many children were undoubtedly eating dinner and getting ready for bed. Link could almost remember what it was like to be a normal Hylian, just existing with her family, as messed up as it may have been.

Life is chaotic. That's the beauty of it. She enjoyed every chaotic second she got to live with the people she cared about. It was all Link could do to remain sane.

Link enjoyed my days as an innocent kid, spending as much time as possible with her friends and being a chaotic goblin. Everything changed when she was about twelve. She was told things that rocked her world and changed her view on life itself. Link had been thrust into a world she didn't deserve and hadn't seen a peaceful day since then.

Since then Link had been taught how to defend herself and others. She was the promised hero of the Goddess, meant to save life itself and destroy evil. If Link couldn't fulfill her chosen duties, then the Goddess would probably send someone more capable. That's what she figured every time she got close to dying throughout the course of her adventures. Link always expected the worse, and she guessed all her panic and worry added up overtime only to create a world of monsters out for her blood.