Chapter 1

Strawberries were his favourite fruit, especially when it was tasted on her lips. The combination of the taste and feel of her lips drove him crazy. If it were up to him, the kiss would've last longer, forever if possible. Unfortunately, they need to breathe and had to part.

Juliet laughed when she saw the pout on his face and gave him a quick kiss. She pushed her brown hair back, and gave him a cheeky smile. She turned to the picnic that he had laid out for them earlier as he pulled her closer. Somehow, he had managed to get them strawberries, some chocolates, sandwiches, fries and plain water. He didn't manage to get any fancy wine or drink in time.

"You should stop stealing, you know," she told him, munching the chocolate.

"Sure, when they finally decided to let my Dad go and apologize to Mum for being so rude and judge mental," he answered, casually.

"You'll get caught one day."

"Yes, and till that day comes, I will keep stealing," he said, raising his cup as if he was toasting to it. "Besides, some of the goods I stole are pretty amazing."

"Really? Besides the food, I don't think the things you took are that worth it. I mean, a basket? Horse saddle? You don't even have a horse," she said.

"Well, I stole you, didn't I?" He said, grinning knowingly.

"You didn't steal me," she protested, before giving it some thought. "It's not considered stealing if I went along willingly."

"It is to your family," he shrugged, starting to pack up some of the food to bring home. It was time to go, if he didn't, they'll both be in trouble.

"They just don't get it," she said, helping him. "So, do you think this is enough?"

He looked at the food in the basket. It's barely half full and they didn't even eat that much. It would probably last only two nights, adding the food he brought home earlier. He shrugged, knowing it was best not to complain. Like the saying goes, beggars can't be choosers.

"It'll have to do."

Juliet knew of his troubles and decided not to say anymore. Holding the basket in one hand, he pulled her close and in for another kiss. This time, it was shorter as they could hear footsteps coming closer. Both of them quickly pulled up their hood to make sure their faces couldn't be seen. Juliet waited for a second after he disappeared into the woody area.

She wondered how it would be if everything was different. Whether his Dad would be a free man, her family actually seeing him as more than a mere thief and most importantly, will they be able to be together out in the open?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dedicated to Ablazer for the cover and matching banner :)

Sorry, it's so short. Just the prologue and this was supposed to be updated earlier, but I kept procrastinating.