Final Chapter - The Longing Heart Has Found Its Answer

Mizuki P.O.V.

"Thanks for giving me your time, Hotaru chan."

Rin smiles as she sits on the couch, inside my room.

"Why being so formal with me?"

I chuckle as I walk up to her and hand her a glass of wine.

"Try this."

I offer her so Rin takes a sip.

"Ah, this stuff is good."

"I'm glad you like it."

I take the seat across her.

"You're so kind and gentle. I've seen you when you were working. They were totally right about you being a hard worker. No wonder everyone here likes you and accepts you as part of them."

Rin grins.

"Hey. Stop saying things like that. Can't you see I'm getting embarrassed?"

We both laugh.

Rin then told me the story when she was still in Bonten and how she got married and moved to France with her husband. She told me that she thought of divorcing her husband because they're now lack in communication and always got into fight whenever they're together.

"I thought I will be happy. I was hoping for a perfect marriage but maybe I'm just too naive."

Rin looks sad when she smiles.

"There's no perfect marriage in my opinion because it made of two imperfect people."

I tell her honestly about my point of view.

"But marriage is never easy. It sure takes a lot of compromises and sacrifices to work it out."

I smile at her.

"Please talk to your husband. Tell him what you need or what you want from him and then hear him out. Even it's hard, both of you must try to listen till the end without interrupting each other. It might surprise you of how easy it can be if you can do it once."

I continue before finish up my drink.

"I feel like I'm having a love counseling session when you talk like this."

Rin laughs.

"But can I ask something? It may be hurtful."

Rin asks, her expression seem serious.

"Go ahead."

"How are you able to accept Sanzu? He's often fooling around with the girls, with drugs. You know, doing all the dirty work for Mikey and else."

Rin shrugs.

"And...don't his scars bother you?"

She adds while staring at me.

"Is that why you rejected him?"

I ask before we both go silent.

"In my eyes, all his scars, flaws, are all part of him that made him who he is right now and I'm grateful of that. He's also no longer indulged himself in sex or drugs."

I break the silent after it feels a bit awkward.

"I always thought he's not capable of loving someone because of his bad habit or no one will be able to love him because of that but I was wrong. You even changed him to the better him."

Rin smiles apologetically.

"Well...we tend to give our best when it comes to person we love, aren't we?"