Chapter 2

"- I mean it looks like Corals screen fell out... But I'm not sure" I can hear there conversation as I (still) crouch under the window.

Coral, my grandma, was a very popular lady of the town. She was an easy person to talk to, unlike me, and you can tell in her youth she used to be gorgeous.

"I mean I guess I'll go and look if it did fall out" I hear one of the voices say.

Damn you my popular grandma. Popularity makes people want to "fix- your-widows-when-they-break".

Gross.

I had to think of something fast- I could make a run for it? I could-

My thoughts were broken by a voice.
And I could tell that this was going to be very embarrassing on my part.

"Um...hello?" I look up to see one of the boys that looked identical to the other with my screen in his hands. My bedroom was ground level so he was left peering down at me.

I scramble to pick myself up and patch up this... Situation.

"Oh! Uh hey? What are you doing in my room?" I throw back at him. (Genius I know).

He looked taken aback (haha- it worked) "well I mean- your screen... It popped out? So I came to put it back- wait?" He pauses and shakes his head "I didn't know Coral had kids?"

"Oh, right, yeah..." I start to look down, but my head shoots right back up "I mean no, I'm her granddaughter, Alexis" I extend my hand to his but then pull it away because he is giving me the weirdest look. "Here" I took the screen from his hands and try to pull it back into my room but awkwardly struggle because it's too big. "Um-let me just take my screen back, thank you for coming to put it back in. But it's no problem I've got it from here!" I say, then cringe at how über-chipper I had just sounded.

The boy still stands there, not saying anything, his face blank.

"Well... I'm gonna go-" I start to backwards walk away.

"Wait! Hey! Sorry Ha! That was probably really weird" the boy reaches back and itches the nape of his neck. "If you're anyway related to Coral, then you've gotta be chill. C'mon I'll introduce you to everyone. We're having a little bonfire tonight to kick off the beginning of summer" He extends his hand down through my open window "Oh! And by the way- I'm Wyatt."

I reach up and grab his hand. "I'm Alexis" I say and the silently cringe because I already had said that. He laughs at my reaction and starts to walk to the beach. I still stand there like an idiot.

"Alexis? Are you coming?" Wyatt asks

"Oh yeah" I shake the clouds out of my head "sure yeah this'll be fun."

So basically I have just managed to get pulled out of my window by a guy thanks to my sixty year old "chill" grandma.

Typical.