Chapter 1- San'ya

It was a late afternoon on a winter day in San'ya, Japan. Kairi was excessively daydreaming about herself living in an exquisite house in Tokyo, Japan.

 However, she had to accept the slums of the San'ya District.

The second poorest neighborhood in Japan, where people go to disappear.

San'ya is an area in the Taitō and Arakawa wards of TokyoA sector Japan has tried rigorously to hide like a married architect with his mistress. In 1966, Japan's government expunged the name San'ya from all official records and removed it from modern maps. It is now known as two distinct districts called Kiyokawa and Zutsumi- in an attempt to cover up the addictions, improvishment, and violence. To the residents, day laborers, and homeless strays currently residing in the area it is known only as San'ya.

At first glance, San'ya appears to be like any other Tokyo district. It contains a few nifty fast food restaurants and is located just a few miles away from the Tokyo Skytree. The worlds tallest attraction at 634 meters. It is home to many high end shops, museums, aquariums, offices, and fancy restaurants overlooking the entire city. 

Right down the main interstate of the Skytree you will find the forgotten town of San'ya

One who ventures into the town enters an isolated island of deprivation located in the mist of a vast ocean of material prosperity. 

Homeless men scatter the streets clutching cans of Sapporo asking women to bid their caves to their lusting eels. 

The town is now primarily empty streets with cheap run down hostels. Day laborer's, foreign students, elderly on welfare, homeless, and cheap travelers make up the primary population of this peculiar neighborhood.