επτά

ʸᵒᵘ ᵇᵒᵗʰ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵐᵉ ˡᵒᵒˢᵉ ᵇʳᵃⁱⁿ ᶜᵉˡˡˢ

"ᴍʏ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sᴇɴsᴇᴅ ᴡᴀʀ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴡᴏᴍʙ, ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ sʜᴇ ʀᴀɪsᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ

"ᴍʏ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ sᴇɴsᴇᴅ ᴡᴀʀ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴡᴏᴍʙ, ᴀɴᴅ sᴏ sʜᴇ ʀᴀɪsᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ғɪɢʜᴛ."

After the busy day, I found myself sitting on the Hermes table in the morning for breakfast. Since Nico and I were not claimed yet, that means we were meant to stay with them. From what the Stoll brothers had told me, they took in every camper. The claimed of minor gods and goddesses (as they didn't have cabins) and the unclaimed.

I chose to eat some pancakes and apple juice, something I hadn't had for a long time. The sweet scent radiated from it made me nearly drawl at the sight. Besides me, Nico picked at a waffle, something the girl next to him was having and he seemed interested to try it.

"So what was the monster that you were fighting again?" Conor asked, smirking as he tossed a chip at my head.

Beside him, Travis replicated his smirk and crossed his arms. "Heard you were a decent fighter shorty."

"It was a Manticore," I said, shrugging sheepishly at Travis and Conor.

Nico grinned, leaning forward eagerly. "She was a killer, smashed its butt!"

"No, I didn't," I laughed, messing up the boy's hair fondly.

"But you did!" Nico said. "It was like whoosh! Bam! Smash!"

"If it was just me, I don't think it would've ended well," I admitted. "I got lucky."

"Well you still held your own," Travis said. At least, I think it was Travis. "So you-"

Conor interrupted smirking, "Must be pretty decent-"

"-Like we said you were," Travis finished.

"I would just agree with them," a Japanese boy with a thin build and glossy black hair rolled his eyes. Leaning onto the table as he tossed his food around. "They won't stop until you do, and if you don't, you'll probably wake up with a snake in your bed."

"You're no fun, Ethan," Conor shoved his shoulder. "Lighten up."

"If I wake up with a snake in my bed, they'd wake up with something much worse in theirs," I muttered, smirking at Ethan under my eyelashes with mischief.

Ethan smiled. "I'd love to see that."

Conor and Travis scoffed in amusement. "We'd like to see you try."

"You wouldn't even see it coming," I retorted.

Beside me, Nico laughed, watching on in amusement. He understood what I meant by it. Because when you've been alone for so long, you learn a few things about not being seen and heard.