(3)Effects

I wake up to the sound of my phone alarm next to my head. I squeeze my eyes shut and thump my hand around looking for my cell phone. I turn off the ear jabbing alarm and roll over, remembering what happened last night. I reluctantly get out of my bed and start getting ready for school.

 I reluctantly get out of my bed and start getting ready for school

I'm heading downstairs to have a coffee when I see Rhodey.

"Morning, Y/n." He greets me as he sips his coffee.

"Hey, Rhodey." I reply.

"You got home pretty late last night." He tells me and sets his coffee down on the counter.

"Yeah, sorry, I know. Some pretty crazy stuff happened during Peter and I's training." I say as I pour myself some coffee into a travel mug.

"Is everything okay?" He asks me. I hesitate.

"Uh, yeah, yeah. I just haven't gotten through to Tony yet, but, it'll be fine." I reassure him as I shove the cup of coffee in my school bag.

"I gotta get going but, I'm going to a friend's place after school for a party tonight. So, I'll see you a bit later." I tell him as I make my way out.

"Alright. You be safe. Make good choices!" He shouts to me as I leave.

"Always!"

I get Happy to drive me to Peter's apartment so I can walk to school with him and Ned. By the time I get there, Ned and Peter are waiting for me in the lobby. I say goodbye to Happy and get into Peter's apartment.

"Hey." I quietly greet them.

"Ready to go?" Peter asks me and I nod.

We leave the apartment and start walking down the street to school. This is where we explain everything to Ned.

"You got bit by a spider?" Ned asks and Peter seems annoyed.

"Yes." He breathes.

"Can it bite me? How much did it hurt? You know what, I don't care. I'd still let it bite me." Ned rambles.

"The spider's dead, Ned." Peter states, getting even more annoyed.

"What about you Y/n?" He asks me.

"I'm not allowed to talk about it." I say looking at the buildings around us to avoid their eye contact.

"Awesome." Ned whispers.

"Not really." I breath.

That's the thing nobody realizes. Yes, I have powers. But they're not just for fun. I have a huge responsibility working with the Avengers, not to mention that my powers were never really my choice. It was all influence.

"How old were you? Were you born with it?"

"I was 14, Ned, so please, no more questions." I say. I say getting fairly annoyed myself but mostly out of stress.