Aegis

Marvel Cinematic Universe, Spider-man (Tom Holland Movies)

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Characters: Peter Parker | Spider-man, Steve Rogers | Captain America, New York City

Tags: BAMF Peter Parker, New York City, Overpowered Peter Parker

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Brief Warning: this has mentions of a fight and canon-typical violence. if these are one of your triggers, please proceed with caution. 

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Aegis (n.)

protection, support, guidance

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Ever since Peter started out working as Spider-man, he'd always told himself to put the little guy first. Prioritize the rescue over the capture.

It's been two years since he stood on top of that building and took a leap of faith. It's been two years of being Spider-man.

Since then, he'd been through a lot. He fought different types of people; seen things normal people his age shouldn't. he gained experience and expanded his arsenal of abilities. He found allies, connections that he could depend on and built himself a support system to fall back on.

He grew, both as a person and as a hero.

Yet, through the months and new experiences, his philosophy stayed unchanged. Put the little guy first.

To a bystander, the way he did things as a hero, fighting using quips and webs, misdirection and quick thinking, it might... make him look weak.

To someone looking from the outside, they'd probably think that Spider-man could do a lot of things but killing wasn't one of them. To them, it made him look like he was indecisive; like he didn't have the resolve to kill.

Everyone didn't think too much about it though, assuming that it was because he had been out on the streets for a mere two years only and hadn't yet hardened his resolve.

But that's not how it is.

They're wrong.

It's not the Peter didn't have the resolve to kill.

It's different.

When Peter stared into the lifeless eyes of his uncle that night, Peter told himself to find the resolve and make sure it kept burning every time he went out on the streets, strong and constant at all times.

If not for himself then for Ben.

Because with great power comes great responsibility.

So, Peter hardened himself.

From day one, Peter Parker went out into the streets with the resolve not to kill.

It changed things.

Because he resolved to do this; promised himself that he would do everything in his power, whenever possible, to make sure that he would never land a killing blow, Peter had to strictly regulate his strength.

He had to train how to accurately measure everything down to minute details.

When others could walk, he'd have to run. He had to train himself from the underground up so that he could develop enough restraint when fighting.