C H A P T E R T W E N T Y-T W O

THIRD PERSON POV

All the clones gathered at the bar after Cid kicked them all out of her office. The boys were seated on the stools around the counter while Fern perched herself on top, swinging her legs back and forth absent-mindedly.

"So," Rex set down his drink. "I heard you were traveling with a kid from Rafa and Trace. Who is she?"

"Her name is Omega." Hunter answered. "She's a clone, like us. We returned to Kamino to retrieve her and Fern after we realized its dangers."

"Dangers?" Rex was surprised, but didn't have a moment to ask further questions when Wrecker and Omega returned from...well, none of the others really knew they had ran off to.

"Well, look who it is." the muscular clone laughed heartedly, and dashed over to the captain and bear-hugged him, squeezing him as he lifted him off his feet. "Come here, Rex!"

"Mmm, good to see you, too, Wrecker." Rex grunted with a small smile.

"I thought you didn't like the regs?" Omega noted behind them.

"This one we like." Wrecker corrected, placing Rex down in front of the young girl. Rex then knelt down in front of her as Hunter introduced the two of them. "I've met many clones in my time, but never one like you." The captain glanced up at Fern, who scoffed softly, for he had said the same thing to her when they first met each other. The female clone then noticed Omega's round eyes studying Rex's face and leaned in closer, as if to get a better look.

"You're a generation one." the young girl stated.

"Now how'd you know that?" Rex asked, impressed.

"From the lines in your face."

"Did you just call Rex old, Half-Pint?" Fern suppressed a laugh.

"Half-Pint?" Rex chuckled at the nickname. "Is that what she calls you?"

"I'm used to it." Omega shrugged.

"Well, it's better than 'Skywalker's Pet'." the captain smiled. "That's what she used to call me until she saw me in action. And yeah, I've been around."

"You got that right!" Wrecker exclaimed, and then proceeded to recoil at a recurring headache. "Tech, I need one of those med patches."

"You used the last one." the spectacled clone informed.

Fern watched Rex rise to his feet and turn to Wrecker. From her perspective, she noticed the left side of his face changed into a grimaced expression. "What's wrong?" he growled.

"Nothing, it's just a headache." Wrecker waved it off.

"Which, have been becoming more frequent." Echo pointed out.

"Is that so?"

"If you're concerned about the so-called inhibitor chips, don't be." Tech stepped forward. "Our deviant nature appears to have impeded their functionality." He paused for pointing out, "Except in Crosshair."

"You're telling me," The captain's voice grew deeper. "you haven't removed your chips?"

"No, not yet." Tech confirmed.

"Rex?" Fern gasped softly as she watched his hand reach for his blaster on its holster, and he backed one step closer to Omega, as if he was shielding her from everyone else. The rest of the squad became wary of the sudden change in the atmosphere. "Those chips make you a threat to everyone around you. Even her." He referred to the young girl, who looked concerned herself. "You're all ticking time bombs."

"Rex," Fern lowered herself off the counter. She wanted to step forward, but the captain backed away, pushing Omega back as well, as if she was a plague. "I understand your concern, trust me, I've seen it. What's in our heads, is more dangerous than we can ever imagine. I remember Tups, too... But ever since we left Kamino, we've been on the run."