Untitled Part 1

I can't even begin to say where this came from, so...enjoy!

********************

THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING!

Bella looked down at her stomach, swollen out like a balloon, now, when last night, it had been completely flat. 

She hadn’t left her room for days.  Charlie was so worried, that he called Renee, who was driving all the way from Florida to get to her.  But I can’t let that happen!  But what else could I do?  I didn’t have enough gas or money to get away from here, and they’d probably find me dead, later, if I couldn’t get to someone else, just in time.

That’s when I realized that my hearing was way better than yesterday, as well.  I tuned in, hearing voices downstairs.  I also realized that since I woke up, I hadn’t noticed that, but that was when I was freaking over being pregnant by a vampire.

“Do you think she’s okay?”

I instantly recognized that voice as Angela’s, and even though I knew she was downstairs, it had sounded like she was right next door to me.

“I’m not sure.”  Definitely Mike!  “Her dad told me that she was SO messed up when the Cullen’s left, that she wouldn’t eat or come out, and he wants to know why.”

That moment, something kicked me from the inside, and I jumped, causing the floorboards to creek.  Suddenly, I heard footsteps, and went to get back under the covers, when I moved too fast, causing the bed to slam against the wall.  My eyes bugged out of my head.  How in THE hell did THAT happen?

Footsteps…five more, and suddenly my door was flung open and had two of my best friends staring at my stomach, unbelievably shocked.

I held up my hands as I walked towards them.  “Guys…I can explain,” I said in a gentle tone, trying my best not to scare them.  I knew I looked different, now, especially since they last saw me around two days ago.

“U-u-uh…when…”  Poor Mike.  I could tell, yet feel that he was afraid.  But how could I feel it?

I suddenly heard a car that was turning onto my street, getting closer and closer to my house.  I heard their voices, dad and Renee, as she argued that I shouldn’t have come back here in the first place, because than this would’ve never had happened.

I wonder if they already knew, or if that was just about my state of mind.

So about four seconds before Angela and Mike heard it, I said, “Right about now.”