II.

CHAPTER TWO.

Irene and Kylie watch Mitch's stoic figure from the one-way mirror

Irene and Kylie watch Mitch's stoic figure from the one-way mirror. "You did good," Irene breaks the silence.

Kylie purses her lips but nods nonetheless.

"This is gonna be hard, are you ready for it?" Irene's wide eyes show nothing but care for the young girl.

Footsteps echo from behind the two women. "She better be," Irene's father's graveled voice fills the air. "Because if he doesn't comply..." His voice trails off ominously.

Kylie's interest peaks, her blonde tresses falling with the tilt of her head. "If he doesn't comply then what?"

When she's met with silence, her gaze flickers over to Irene. "Then what?" She repeats herself, her soft voice hardening with every word.

"We do what we always do to terrorists," Mr. Kennedy speaks up. "Put them down."

Kylie sucks in a breath, her arms tightening around her waist as a way to protect herself.

Her and Mitch haven't talked in years, not since the fateful day in Ibiza when everything was ripped from the two of them, but she never wanted to see him dead. He's the only thing left of the person she used to be; a living fossil of her past, proving that the girl she once was did exist at one point.

Irene breaks Kylie out of her thoughts, slapping a file into her hand. "Do what you do best," she tells her, contradicting the 'it will all be okay' her brown eyes were conveying.

Kylie nods, her face hardening as she gets into character. She was not the little girl who dreamed of going to Juilliard and spent days on end pirouetting around a dance studio until her feet ached. That was her then, and this is her now.

She opens the door of the interrogation room, strutting to the seat across from Mitch. "We meet again," she smirks.

Mitch only acknowledges her with a scoff.

She opens the file Irene gave her, obnoxiously humming as she reads through it all. "You had a nice chat with the doctor, I see."

"Yeah, its a joy being kidnapped and then shrinked."

Kylie rolls her eyes. "Don't be so dramatic Mitchie."

"What do you want Kylie?" Mitch snaps.

Kylie continues to just stare at him in amusement before taking a photo out of his file. She throws it on the table, it softly twirls until it lands in front of him.

"Who is that?" Kylie asks, curious as to what his reaction will be. Is he as truly unstable as his file says he is? Is the Mitch she used to love so much really gone?

Mitch slams his fists on the table. "You know damn well who that is," he roars with anger.

Kylie hums, grabbing the photo and staring at it. A blurred photo of Mansur stares back at her, his eyes blank, but Kylie knew better. All she had to do was look a little harder and she could see the evil lurking within the man that robbed her of her family.

Kylie lets the silence that envelop the two simmer. "There are two things a man will do for the ones he loves, no matter the cost," she finally decides to break the silence. "Protect them and avenge them," she finishes off, looking Mitch dead in the eye.

"Your father said that," Mitch mumbles, his hands shuffling in his lap.

"And you did it Mitch, you killed Mansur, you avenged them but while avenging them you put plenty of other people in danger."

"What do you mean?"

Kylie drops the file onto the table, leaning forward in her seat. "You think we didn't know about Mansur? We've been watching him. Something big is happening, Mitch, now we don't know what or by who but what we did know was that Mansur was right smack dab in the middle of it and you killed him along with all the answers."

Mitch's pride silences him, but Kylie was on a roll and she didn't plan on stopping.

"You put a lot of lives at risk and possibly endangered entire countries, and for what Mitch? Some revenge porn to satisfy little Mitch? Do you feel better about yourself now? Do you feel masculated?"

"What do you want from me?" Mitch quietly grumbles.

Kylie watches the war in his eyes, she knows he's so close to snapping and a sick part of her wants to see him do it.

"I don't want anything from you. I don't feel like being disappointed but my boss seems to like your agenda, so here we are."

Mitch chuckles. "You don't think I considered joining the CIA years ago?"

Kylie smirks. "Well you don't really have a choice anymore. Either you play with the big boys," she mocks. "Or we throw you in a supermax and toss the key," she finishes, pushing her chair back and grabbing the file.

She stops at the door with her hand on the handle, a sigh escaping her mouth. "Look around you," she says softly, if she squints hard enough she could almost picture the emo teenager that would broad on her bean bag as she read her magazines while blasting Britney. "I'm all you've got."

NOTES.
i am not going 100% by the movie in this book just an fyi.