It All Started with a Loss

SIX YEARS LATER

“Rumi, let’s go, we have a lead,” I said, packing up my things.

“I’m asleep,” she grumbled.

“Rumi, get up! We don’t have time for this!” I sighed, smacking her over the head.

“Fine, what’s the lead?” she asked, yawning as she stretched.

“Not exactly sure, Masahiro found it,” I said, packing up her things as well. “He said he wants to tell us when we are all together. Masahiro and Kazumi already packed up their things and left you sleeping,” I said. We had all been staying in the same room since it was cheaper. Masahiro and I shared one of the beds and Rumi and Kazumi shared another.

I was the exact same as I had always been, but I couldn’t wait to get home to see my family. I hadn’t seen them in a while, in five years. We had stopped sending letters back to Konoha about anything really, except for one that we sent yesterday, telling them that we were still alive and Memory Thief would soon be captured.

I missed my mom and even my strict father. They were good together, making up for each other with what the other lacked. I knew dad was planning something, but I told him that I wanted no part in anything before and I will tell him again in a heartbeat. I had made too many friends in Konoha, some that I treated like family, to ever try and think about harming them.

Rumi was now dressed in a pair of shorts and a tank-top, much like me and Kazumi, because we found it easier to travel in things like this. I dropped the scrolls and Rumi picked them up before sealing them all in the same scroll with our ANBU gear. We hadn’t used those things in five years, especially our headbands.

“Okay, let’s go. Where are we meeting?” she asked.

“Kazumi is waiting for us and will tell us. Masahiro went on ahead,” I muttered.

“Okay,” she said, smiling at me. “Let’s go.”

I smiled back and tossed her book bag to her. She caught it and pulled one strap onto her shoulder before she checked the room as I checked the bathroom. We had everything and left for the lobby, giving the key and walking over to Kazumi.

“She’s alive now,” I said, smirking.

“Hey, I just don’t like waking up,” she pouted.

We laughed. “Come on, let’s go. He said it was up near that clearing that we were at the other day. That’s where we need to meet him,” she said. We nodded and walked calmly to the field that bordered the Land of Music and the Land of Cloud. We hadn’t left this area except for once and we were only sent back here.

I saw Masahiro and walked up to him, hugging him and giving him a quick peck on the lips. He smiled and I pulled away. “Alright, Mr. Detective, what do you have for me?” I asked. He smiled and kissed me back before pulling away.

“There have been cases of people suddenly loosing there memories recently with absolutely no accidents or incidents,” he said, sitting down on a rock. I stood next to Rumi and Kazumi, waiting for him to continue. He soon smirked. “But that isn’t really any of your business, now is it?” he said.

Two people soon leapt from the trees and stood behind us. We turned in surprise and I glared at them before seeping chakra into my eyes and making sure my bangs covered them. I stared at the two and saw a beautiful woman who had white hair and blue eyes. She wore a blue dress, edges outlined on brown, with a black kind of cape strapped onto her. Black straps held up the dress. She wore brown socks with black leather boots over them and I could see a bandage on her right leg with a weapons pouch over it. She smiled at us.