The Beginnig

“Nozomi, do not bother them too much now!” mom called as I ran out the door.

“Momma, I’m only going to go and play with Rumi and Kazumi!” I laughed. I ran out of the Uchiha compound and to the park to meet my two best friends. We were the same age of eight. I had a little brother named Itachi who was two years younger than me. Rumi, Kazumi, and I were all planning to graduate early and try to join the ANBU forces. I was quite excited, because that is all three of our dreams.

I ran to the park and tackled my two best friends in a hug, laughing with them as we fell to the ground. “Okay, Nozomi, get off!” Rumi whined, shoving me. Her name meant beautiful lapis lazuli, which her eyes looked like. She had long red hair, much like her mother’s own, that went to her waist but was growing fast. She was trying to get it as long as her mother’s had been before she had died during the Kyuubi attack – her father going along with her.

Right now, and most of the time as well, she was wearing one of her mother’s old ninja outfits that she happened to like a lot. She wore a yellow dress with a black one under it and a dark green obi wrapped around her waist. She wore long black socks and ninja shoes, the socks going to mid-thigh while the shoes covered her ankles.

“Nozomi!” Kazumi shouted, shoving me off of her when I didn’t move and laid limp. Kazumi – whose name means beautiful harmony – had brown hair and light brown eyes. Her hair was a bit past her shoulders. She wore a dress like Rumi’s except it was a dark orange color and she had a lighter orange obi. He calves were wrapped in bandages like mine and she also wore black ninja shoes.

I laughed as I landed on my butt. “So, let’s go train!” I cheered, jumping up and helping my friends to their feet.

“Can we train outside of the village?” Rumi asked, looking at me excitedly. She knew that her parents died bravely and had mourned their deaths as well as her brother’s ‘death’, but she was past that and back to her happy self. She preferred to be outside of the village now, though.

“I think we will get skinned alive by my father,” I sighed, running a hand through my mid-back length, black hair. I turned my onyx eyes to my best friends, mischief clear in them. “But~, if we don’t get caught then I think we will be perfectly fine,” I grinned.

They snickered and we made our way up the steps that led to the monument heads that showed the four Hokage’s, Rumi’s father included. Quickly running across there, we jumped the mountain tips before sliding down the mountain side, chakra sticking our feet to the side, and made it easily out of the village in the span of forty-five minutes. We all grinned triumphantly before going to a small creek.

“Alright, now what to train on?” I mumbled, tapping my chin.

“I want to practice hitting a moving target,” Kazumi piped up.

“Okay, I’ll make some shadow clones,” I grinned before performing the forbidden art. Fifteen shadow clones appeared around us. “Rumi and I are sitting over there, don’t hit us,” I commanded. Kazumi snickered, remembering the last time she had almost killed us before. My clones disappeared from sight – hidden – and I leaned against the tree. Kazumi destroyed all of my clones and I got the information on how that happened before I stood when they were all gone, catching the kunai she jokingly threw at me.

I opened my mouth to say something when we heard the snap of a twig. We all moved close together, facing the sound. A few men, ninja by their headbands and from the Village Hidden in Stone, judging by their headbands as well, stepped out.

My hand inched towards my weapons pouch when a kunai knife was suddenly imbedded in the tree behind me, cutting my cheek. “I wouldn’t do that, little girl,” one of the men smirked, laughing. “Come on, Isamu, let’s stop for a bit of fun, huh?” the man asked, looking to ‘Isamu’ as he stood to the man’s left, in the middle. The man who spoke had blood red hair with a streak of white hanging in his face, partially covering his grey eyes. He was well built as well, just like the other three, and we couldn’t take them.