Betrayal

The next morning was busy. Filled with eating, training and waiting for the Rebels. Lance's pod was in the hangar with the other Galra pods. There was no use dragging all his stuff out of it, which wasn't much considering he left a lot of it at the castle. He wondered if his old team was up, if they were even missing him.

They were. And their next battle was a losing one. The Blue Lion refused to open up to anyone. Even Keith who thought Lance was in it and was probably sleeping. Their next step was hacking open his room, which was almost empty save for the few things Lance left behind along with the notes on his desk.

Each paladin frowned and picked up their addressed letters, Allura and Coran, too. Coran looked guilty about something and no one noticed it until they read the team letter, which told them to ask Coran about why he left.

"He said he kept hearing this voice. Like the Blue Lion but... not." Coran said.

"What does that even mean?" Shiro asked, confused.

"It means he's the White Paladin. I lied about not knowing who it could've been, I already knew."

"Coran, you can't possibly say that Lance is the one to save Voltron." Allura said, her voice low.

"I'm not speaking about this anymore. Let's just go and see him become the White Paladin ourselves."

"We don't even know where it is!" Keith said.

"I do. I'll join Shiro and give him the coordinates, you all follow us."

"Can that pod act as a fighter?" Krolia asked once they were in the Blade's hangar.

"I mean if it gets upgraded then maybe. Other than that I don't know." Lance said.

He didn't want to go in a Galra ship, he barley knew the controls! Thankfully, before the idea left Krolia, a new voice was heard.

"He'll come with us!" A dog-like person said. Someone in a mask with an orange see-through dot stood next to her. Along with two, no, three familiar faces.

"Hawk, Olia. Good too see you again." Krolia said.

"The feeling is mutual." Hawk said, mask muffling his voice. "These two are Nyma and Rolo. Their robot is Beezer. They've been with us for a few phoebs now. They're good air fighters."

"We could always use the help."

Lance was too busy staring at Olia to notice Nyma and Rolo. The only thing he could think of when he saw her were the furries from Earth. He bit back the comment. That would be rude. He blinked and turned to Hawk, who's had his eyes on him for the past five minutes.

Hawk turned back to Olia when he was caught.

Olia frowned. "Go hug your human friend, you weirdo."

"He doesn't even know me!" Hawk whined.

"Hey, Lance! Never thought we'd see you again!" Rolo said to the second Blade.

Lance blinked. "Oh, Rolo! Hey there..."

"Where's the rest of your crew?" Nyma asked.

"Gone, doing something with Voltron, I don't care. I'm a member of the Blade now."

"They accept humans?" Hawk asked.

"Well, I guess I'm some sort of acceptation since I'm the White Paladin and all."

"Cool." Rolo nodded.

"So... are you guys still space pirates?" Lance asked the two.

"Nah, we joined the Rebellion thanks to Olia here and her convincing." Nyma said.