We meet again

"Everyone, this is Hayley Marshall. She's a hybrid and she's here to help. Play nice will you?" Klaus said.

More like tribrid but you don't need to know that, She thought.

She looked around the room when her eyes landed on a very familiar looking blonde. She noticed the blonde looked back at her with a similar expression, but there was no way. She wasn't Emma, Emma wasn't an original vampire.

Rebekah looked Hayley up and down, what a strange coincidence, but this girl wasn't Cleo. Cleo wasn't a werewolf.

"Hello? Earth to the girls?" Kol said.

"Oh sorry." Hayley said.

"You alright?" Klaus asked.

"Yeah.. just Deja vu I guess." She muttered.

Later that day, Hayley couldn't seem to shake the thought of Rebekah and Emma looking almost exactly the same. Neither of them had doppelgängers right?

Rebekah sighed and decided to go talk to Hayley.

"Hi." She said, sitting down.

"Hey," Hayley replied,

Even their voices were similar.

"You know, you remind me of someone Hayley Marshall."

"You do too, an old friend. The resemblance is uncanny." Hayley agreed.

"Yes, it is."

There was a pause. Hayley spoke again, "Have you ever heard of Emma Gilbert?"

"Yes... does Cleo Sertori ring a bell?" Rebekah asked.

"Yeah.." Hayley smiled.

"Hmm, fancy a swim?" Rebekah smirked.

"Hell yeah." Hayley smiled.

"This is insane! I never thought I'd see you again!" Hayley smiled.

"I know! I also never thought I'd be able to be a mermaid again." Rebekah frowned.

"Yeah, I know. I feel bad leaving Rikki like that though, but she has Bella so she'll be fine." Hayley nodded, reassuring herself.

"Bella?" Rebekah asked.

"Yeah. She's also a mermaid, but she'd been one since she was 9, and when she moved in after you left we kinda took her in so she wasn't alone." Hayley shrugged.

"Huh, that's nice." Rebekah nodded.

"You know what else I can't believe? We found another moon pool. In New Orleans." Hayley said.

"Well it is magical, maybe it knew we needed one." Rebekah shrugged.

"Yeah, maybe." Hayley agreed. "I don't see how else it makes sense. The only difference is we're not in a volcano.. it just looks like we are."

"Like I said, magical." Rebekah laughed.

"Must be." Hayley laughed.

There was silence for a while.

"I missed this." Rebekah sighed, "Just being able to relax and be a normal girl, well as normal as one can be when they become a mermaid. But just not having to worry about who's after who and who's in trouble where."

"Yeah, it was nice to be carefree. Not have to think about your troubles, especially now that we're all wrapped up in even more supernatural stuff. It makes our old mermaid problems seem so small." Hayley said.

"Yeah, I never thought about this before but I guess I'm a hybrid, half mermaid half vampire. It's funny to think about because for almost 1000 years I thought Nik was the only special one." Rebekah laughed.

"Yeah, I think we're cooler. We have mermaid powers." Hayley laughed.

"You might be, you get to be a tribrid, werewolf, vampire, and mermaid. Nik will probably laugh at me if he finds out I'm a mermaid." Rebekah laughed.

"Eh you can just freeze him and see who's laughing." Hayley smirked.

Rebekah laughed.

"You two seem to be fast friends.. surprisingly." Kol said, eyebrows furrowing together.

"Oh Kol, is it really so hard for you to believe that I can make friends?" Rebekah frowned.

"Well that's part of it, but you seem like you've know each other for years." Kol said, making a face.

"We just have a lot in common." Hayley smiled awkwardly.

Rebekah nodded.

Kol just shook his head, "Okay, sure."

Then he walked away.

"A lot more than he knows." Rebekah muttered, as she and Hayley laughed.

"So how have you managed to avoid the water topic with your brothers?" Hayley wondered.

"We don't usually get involved with anything water related so it's not so big a deal. They don't even have a clue." Rebekah shrugged.

"Huh, so we have nothing to worry about? Besides full moons of course.. I didn't have to worry about them for a little because I couldn't control my wolf side.. but now I'm not so sure." Hayley said.

"I've been able to avoid them so far, but you're right. The full moon is in three days, so we'll see what happens." Rebekah said.

The day of the full moon.

"Esthers back." Marcel barged in, "She's been terrorizing the witches and claiming she felt new power in the area. Something strong."

Kol looked at Hayley, "She's a new hybrid, it's probably her."

"Hey!" Hayley said.

"Yeah, but she said there were two people. One from family and one a friend. So Hayley might be one but the other is one of you." Marcel said.

"So it's Klaus then, he's the only other hybrid." Kol said.

"No, she said new power, Klaus has been a hybrid. It's someone else." Marcel corrected him. "So, anyone wanna share their secret?"

Rebekah gulped, trying to act normal. Hayley fidgeted slightly.

"It seems no one has a secret Marcel. It must be Klaus then." Rebekah shrugged.

"It couldn't be anyone else." Elijah agreed.

"Fine, Hayley and Klaus then. You better hope you aren't wrong." Marcel frowned, walking away.

Rebekah sighed in relief.

"What was that for?" Klaus asked.

"Just a sigh." Rebekah said, walking away.

"I think she's hiding something." Kol said, "And I think you are too."

He pointed to Hayley.

"What is that supposed to mean?"